In Flight Meals issue

Linda -

Sorry can't help with your query - but very pleased to hear about your up-grade. That will be lovely! :)

Thanks Kruzseeka :) Just going over to Fred's boards to see if they can tell me what the suites are like. I may get a reply before I go :rolleyes::D

Jackie has beaten me to the info you wanted :)

Hi, I booked through the internet which also stated that meals were included, my e ticket also stated that the Pathos flight to Newcastle was cancelled !!, also there was a reminder to make my travel arrangements from the port to the Airport !! I queried all three points and was told that they were all errors and to accept their apologies.

Hi, I booked through the internet which also stated that meals were included, my e ticket also stated that the Pathos flight to Newcastle was cancelled !!, also there was a reminder to make my travel arrangements from the port to the Airport !! I queried all three points and was told that they were all errors and to accept their apologies.

Unbelievable! They make themselves look so unprofessional! Just how much would it take to sort this? Surely a competent programmer could iron out these errors.

What a nonsense - not acceptable.

You should write direct to Fraser Ellacott and ask for an explanation.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

Thanks so much Jakanne - that's the one! :) I've been so frustrated trying to find it with numrerous Google searches. Should have tried here first - brilliant help and support! ;)

You are welcome, Kruzseeka. Good to help you after all the brilliant information we get from you. :)

Linda,

Agree with Shirley.We have flown with Jet2 numerous time and will be again in a week or so.Hope I`m not tempting fate but outwith the odd delay which can occur with any carrier they are a good airline,friendly saff and generous leg room in standard

Linda,

Agree with Shirley.We have flown with Jet2 numerous time and will be again in a week or so.Hope I`m not tempting fate but outwith the odd delay which can occur with any carrier they are a good airline,friendly saff and generous leg room in standard

Thanks Jim :) As I said, they had mainly good reviews. The problems seem to arise when they charter planes from another airline - can't remember the name of it :o

The problems seem to arise when they charter planes from another airline - can't remember the name of it :o

Similarly Thomsons(and not just Thomsons) do as well having being party to a few hours delay out and back to our cruise early this year on a Sunwings plane chartered by Thomsons.

Dont know if you or I should be concerned that Jet2 are not listed on this website

http://www.flightontime.info/latest/latest.html

Edited by Jim The Scot

Similarly Thomsons(and not just Thomsons) do as well having being party to a few hours delay out and back to our cruise early this year on a Sunwings plane chartered by Thomsons.

Dont know if you or I should be concerned that Jet2 are not listed on this website

http://www.flightontime.info/latest/latest.html

Well we are flying Monarch to Madeira for the New Year and they don't come out very well :rolleyes:

Thanks for that Linda.Lot of interesting info Clicked in to link "more detail",punctuality best from Newcastle,Edinburgh second with Glasgow third and Manchester last.More in depth it gives you the punctuality for each route from these airports.

Dont know if you noticed Linda but on the list of most/all scheduled flights/carriers Jet2 is 33rd out of 35th :eek: with Monarch propping them all up at 35th out of 35

Edited by Jim The Scot

same here, however ticket still said 7kg for cruise for hand luggage

I think ours did too but to be honest 6kg is enough to lug around the airport. Oh for the days when I only took a handbag with my book in it and everything else went in the case (or cases) and no excess luggage charges!

• 2 weeks later...

For anybody interested in the original message - I got a call this afternoon from a very nice lady in Thomsons head office.

Profuse apologies for the misleading information etc., etc., - and a £40 voucher towards the cost of our next holiday would be in the mail.

The problem was a systems error that has now been flagged up to the appropriate department.

I was tempted to say that "systems" only output what humans input - but why state the obvious and labour the point ?

Edited by WeeCountyMan

Thanks for that WeeCountyMan - I've not heard anything apart form an email asking for my booking reference number (which was on the document I scanned and emailed to them originally!).

If I don't hear anything within the next week or so I'll phone them.

Thanks for that WeeCountyMan - I've not heard anything apart form an email asking for my booking reference number (which was on the document I scanned and emailed to them originally!).

If I don't hear anything within the next week or so I'll phone them.

I see there is a new Q&A session with Fraser Ellacott - why not ask ?

For anybody interested in the original message - I got a call this afternoon from a very nice lady in Thomsons head office.

Profuse apologies for the misleading information etc., etc., - and a £40 voucher towards the cost of our next holiday would be in the mail.

The problem was a systems error that has now been flagged up to the appropriate department.

I was tempted to say that "systems" only output what humans input - but why state the obvious and labour the point ?

You’re lucky WeeCountryMan – I had an email to offer me only a £20 holiday voucher between my husband and I (£10 each). I telephoned to speak to a young lady who said that that was the only offer available and wouldn’t be increased in any way. If I wasn’t happy with the voucher I could get a £15 cheque (whoop-e-doo!)

Has anyone else had an offer for this ‘system error’?

Edited by Cockney Scot