Cabbage Beach and Atlantis

EnvisionTravel78

Hi there,

I am really hoping that someone will be able to help me with this so excuse the long post in advance. I am coming into Nassau on the Carnival Breeze in mid November and have a problem. I am traveling with about 16 other people in my party and we are all of different income levels. I'd like for us to do pretty much the same things as to not exclude anyone (anyone seen that episode of Friends) so I had a thought. Since you can no longer explore the lobby areas of Atlantis for free, I wanted to know if it would be feasible for everyone to go to Cabbage Beach for a beach day (cost?) and for those who want go (and can afford to) go to Atlantis for the aquarium and The Dig tour or a quick dolphin swim and then just walk back to Cabbage Beach afterwards to meet up with the rest of the group. Is it far? Is it a nice beach? Are there any food vendors, rentals or beach chairs there? Any help/suggestions that you could give would be much appreciated. We don't want to exclude anyone but also want to make sure that we get the most of our vacation.

Hi there,

I am really hoping that someone will be able to help me with this so excuse the long post in advance. I am coming into Nassau on the Carnival Breeze in mid November and have a problem. I am traveling with about 16 other people in my party and we are all of different income levels. I'd like for us to do pretty much the same things as to not exclude anyone (anyone seen that episode of Friends) so I had a thought. Since you can no longer explore the lobby areas of Atlantis for free, I wanted to know if it would be feasible for everyone to go to Cabbage Beach for a beach day (cost?) FREE and for those who want go (and can afford to) go to Atlantis for the aquarium and The Dig tour or a quick dolphin swim and then just walk back to Cabbage Beach afterwards to meet up with the rest of the group.

Depending on what they do .. it can be a 15 min.(digs) or 25 min (dolphins) walk from these areas back to Cabbage Beach.

Is it far? Is it a nice beach? Are there any food vendors, rentals or beach chairs there?

Cabbage Beach is a public stretch of beach with no real amenities, No lifeguards, no restrooms, no food service, no security.

Water can be rough some days and calm another. Depending ont he tide, there is a quick drop off at the edge of the water, and can also be a serious undertow. THere is oftentimes a rip tide out past the wave breaks. This can be enjoyable for older teens and adults if it doesn't get too rough.. but it is NOT a place to take kids. They will be swept away.

There are chair rentals, vendores on the beach selling water and rum drinks, jetskis' *not recommended as they are not insured or registered and run by a bunch of con men.

You're best bet with kids is one of the hotel beach at Cable beach.

Sheraton and wyndham both have great beachs, lifequards and safe beaches for kids.

Wyndham is $20/ Sheraton $30.

Any help/suggestions that you could give would be much appreciated. We don't want to exclude anyone but also want to make sure that we get the most of our vacation.

I know that you are looking for free.. Junkanoo Beach .. just outside of town is a free beach with calm water, tiki bar, security and restrooms.

It's an inner harbour beach. Kids should have water shoes.

Archived