Main event: Christmas lunch or Dinner

sa wingrider

Good day,

Me and the wife will be on the MSC Opera in Mauritius on 25 December 2013 and we were wondering if the Christmas Lunch or the Christmas Dinner will be the main event for the day.

Is there a church service on the ship that any person know about ?

Thank you

As most readers of Cruise Critic are US-based, you may not receive such specific information here. You may wish to approach MSC in JHB to ask them for more info about church services onboard that day. For the meals you may find that you only get that info the night before - when the brochure for the 25th is placed in your cabin.

Happy cruising.

Good day,

Me and the wife will be on the MSC Opera in Mauritius on 25 December 2013 and we were wondering if the Christmas Lunch or the Christmas Dinner will be the main event for the day.

Is there a church service on the ship that any person know about ?

Thank you

The ship will be beautifully decorated for the holiday season, and there are special events surrounding the occasion including, dinner, religious services, and more.

Have sailed on the Opera twice at Christmas. Yes, the ship will be all decked out for the holidays. There is a midnight mass in the theater Christmas Eve. The only time you will see crew & guests in the same place. We found it quite lovely. Also, as I recall Christmas carols in the lobby area.Since Europeans celebrate Christmas on the 24th the special dinner is Christmas Eve. As I recall the only special event Christmas Day is Santa Clause for the little ones.

... Since Europeans celebrate Christmas on the 24th the special dinner is Christmas Eve. As I recall the only special event Christmas Day is Santa Clause for the little ones.

That does sound nice to have Santa Claus on Christmas Day - or as South Africans call him, Father Christmas. As this ship is in the SA cruise zone at that time (and catering to the South African market while it is there), I suspect that the Christmas meal will be done on Christmas Day (unless it is a port day that day and the cruise line decides to do something different), although the likelihood of it happening on the 24th is slim.

Enjoy the cruise and just go with the flow of however they plan out your cruise meals and activities. You will enjoy it.

Archived