All things Getaway

Medtech2

Do you know if there are any live feeds setup for float out of the Getaway?

According to Meyer Werft's site, it will be:

Float-out likely to start on 2 November 2013

On 2 November 2013 the 146,600-gt cruise ship Norwegian GETAWAY, whose construction has taken merely 12 months, will float out of MEYER WERFT's covered building dock II. Over the last few weeks the shipyard has been busy con-ducting extensive tests and machinery trials. The float-out of the ship, which is built for the US cruise operator Norwegian Cruise Line, will commence around 10.30 a.m.

Following the float-out and more tests to be carried out in the harbour, the ship will be berthed alongside the yard's outfitting pier.

Delays in the time schedule due to weather conditions may occur.

With the ship being berthed at the yard's pier, the remaining work and tests and trials will be carried out in the next few days. Within merely a couple of days, the first crew members will move into their cabins on board, and familiarize themselves with the ship itself and its numerous systems. The Norwegian GETAWAY's conveyance down the river Ems towards the North Sea, where she will prove her seaworthiness, is scheduled for mid-November 2013.

The 146,600 gt cruise ship has a length overall of 324 m and is 39.70 m wide. Its construction complies with the latest safety standards, and the ship meets all valid environmental regulations.

The float-out will be broadcast via webcam on www.meyerwerft.com

I guess I have to get up at 4:00 - 4:30 a.m. to watch it...on my laptop...while still under my covers, thank you very much!

Edited by Lloyd555

Its just odd to end a cruise in nassau. Im actually curious when people can get off the ship, it shows a time of 7pm in nassau.

Maybe they will issue a press release explaining the two day cruise.

Will be interesting to read that cruise review. :)

I really want to do this cruise but airfare is so expensive. Trying to find a resort for two or three days in Nassau plus flight home to ny/nj area. If anyone finds anything plz post.

Why won't they bring us to Miami?

Any other way to get to Miami from Nassau?

I heard something about some 2 night cruse from Palm beach that we might be able to take--it's that old ship that people talk about.

Would be great if NCL could set up a charter flight and/or resort stay as a package in order to sell out part of the ship.

Cool video sneak peak of the design of the Getaway's Illusionarium

"Norwegian’s entertainment team is deep into the production phase of Norwegian Getaway’s Illusionarium – an all new magical entertainment and dining experience that will be the first of its kind at sea. The Illusionarium features an authentic steampunk design which will engage guests from the moment they arrive to the entrance and lobby areas. The construction and installation phase of the project is underway and will continue through the end of November."

"The Illusionarium was developed through a partnership with Patricia Wilcox, Tony Award winning scenic designer David Gallo and veteran magician Jeff Hobson. The show’s design is inspired by the science fiction of Jules Verne, the artistry of legendary magicians such as Houdini and the popularity of recent blockbusters featuring supernatural characters."

Edited by kylenyc

We will be sailing her on March 22. It will be our first NCL cruise. Looking forward to finding out all the ins and outs of NCL and the Getaway.

We mostly sail with Royal with a few Carnival and Celebrity thrown into the mix.

It would violate the Passengers Vessel Services Act to do so. A foreign flagged vessel can't sail you directly from one US port to another US port (NYC to Miami) unless they first visit a "distant foreign port" in between. That's why I'm guessing they're doing the NYC to Nassau to reposition her closer to her home port.

We will be sailing her on March 22. It will be our first NCL cruise. Looking forward to finding out all the ins and outs of NCL and the Getaway. We mostly sail with Royal with a few Carnival and Celebrity thrown into the mix.

Welcome NCL newbie :D

Edited by kylenyc

I really want to do this cruise but airfare is so expensive. Trying to find a resort for two or three days in Nassau plus flight home to ny/nj area. If anyone finds anything plz post.

Any other way to get to Miami from Nassau?

I heard something about some 2 night cruse from Palm beach that we might be able to take--it's that old ship that people talk about.

Would be great if NCL could set up a charter flight and/or resort stay as a package in order to sell out part of the ship.

You can fly from Nassau to Miami best fare on the 5th $182

According to Meyer Werft's site, it will be:

Float-out likely to start on 2 November 2013

On 2 November 2013 ..... The float-out of the ship, which is built for the US cruise operator Norwegian Cruise Line, will commence around 10.30 a.m.

Following the float-out and more tests to be carried out in the harbour, the ship will be berthed alongside the yard's outfitting pier.

Delays in the time schedule due to weather conditions may occur.

The 146,600 gt cruise ship has a length overall of 324 m and is 39.70 m wide. Its construction complies with the latest safety standards, and the ship meets all valid environmental regulations.

The float-out will be broadcast via webcam on www.meyerwerft.com

I guess I have to get up at 4:00 - 4:30 a.m. to watch it...on my laptop...while still under my covers, thank you very much!

New time, now 15:30 local time 2nd Nov. according to the website of Meyer Werft.

Just noticed that the inaugural sailings are now available to book! It's very tempting as I've always wanted to be amongst the first to get on a brand new ship? Do Latitudes members get any discounts?

I have booked 6 balcony cabins for friends and family on the 14th January one night "Cruise to Nowhere" that were offered to me as a Gold Latitudes member. A great price for this new ship when you consider I paid a little over £100 pp and for that you get 3 meals onboard (plus as many "snacks" inbetween as I can manage), free port parking, entertainment and use of all the facilities. Not sure I fancy using the Aqua Park in January though :eek:.

Edited by Cruisin'cockney

I think i might be Silver now after out last NCL trip or very close.... I am tempted to do the 2 nights and fly out to Holland and make it a proper mini break and yeah I don't think I would be using the slides in January either lol! Brrrrrrr! :)

I think i might be Silver now after out last NCL trip or very close.... I am tempted to do the 2 nights and fly out to Holland and make it a proper mini break and yeah I don't think I would be using the slides in January either lol! Brrrrrrr! :)

I've got my flight already booked. Sandwiched the two nights in between a land vacation to Paris and Dublin. Woohoo! :D

This is one site that offers a live stream of the Getaway float out tomorrow:

http://www.hd1080i.de/videos/schiffs...wegian-getaway

I am so excited to be able to see the Getaway Float Out!!!! We booked her in Feb '13 to cruise in Feb '14. I have watched and read most everything about the Breakaway in anticipation of Getaway. It will be great to now see her first-hand. Also glad the float out time has been pushed back to 1530 local time which will make it much easier to watch in Central Time!!:o

I am so excited to be able to see the Getaway Float Out!!!! We booked her in Feb '13 to cruise in Feb '14. I have watched and read most everything about the Breakaway in anticipation of Getaway. It will be great to now see her first-hand. Also glad the float out time has been pushed back to 1530 local time which will make it much easier to watch in Central Time!!:o

Hi crimsnlady! We'll be sailing with you on 2-22. You can check out our Roll Call. It's pretty slow right now. What time does 15:30 translate to for us in the Central time zone?