All things Getaway

Medtech2

Just for what it is worth- which two adjoining do you have? There is a spreadsheet for Breakaway ( same layout as Getaway) on this board that shows the configuration of the Haven balconies. Some of the suites have balconies that abut one another, other suites have a little more privacy because the balcony is adjacent to the window in the next suite- the balconies are not next to each other. For example, 16720 does not adjoin the balcony for 16722 or the one on the other side. ( doing this from memory)

When you find the spreadsheet, click on th eX for photos. Several photos in you will see close ups of the exterior of the ship with the Haven suites labeled. You can find your suite and see if the divider is even an issue!

Thanks. I looked at the very helpful spreadsheet before booking to be sure we would have our balconies right next to each other rather than the bathroom in between the cabins. We are booked in 16712 and 16714.

Edited by maja651

I have read mixed reviews on being able to open the balcony dividers between cabins. We have two 2 bedroom haven suites booked for June (they are right next to each other) and we would like to open the balcony divider for the entire cruise so we can use the space as one larger balcony for the family. Can you please check to see if they will allow this?

Hi, maja651. There's a cabin tour on the sailing, so I'll see what I can find out for you.

Thanks. I looked at the very helpful spreadsheet before booking to be sure we would have our balconies right next to each other rather than the bathroom in between the cabins. We are booked in 16712 and 16714.

Had to call NCL about missing item .just got off the phone...anyway, according to Chris ( Kris) , a female, the dividers on Getaway are not removable and are considered a fire barrier ( I'm thinking Grandeur of the Seas here...)

Can't wait to hear the real answer once someone is aboard! Since those balconies are so tiny, if we every book adjoing suites it would be great to make that tiny space double size!!!

The 4,000-passenger Norwegian Getaway—making her debut in January 2014—will test the updated wine menu on its Caribbean voyages before the new selection of wines are embraced by the rest of the fleet over the course of the year.

The Mondavi Family also produced an interesting series of videos about wine-tasting, which will be aired on the onboard entertainment system in staterooms.

We have not been able to find the new wine menu. It seems like it should be available at this time. We contacted pre-cruise Concierge and thay hardly knew what we were talking about.

Can anyone sailing on 'Getaway' post the menu or provide any information regarding this subject?

Thank You,

I just had the menu in hand and was informed that it is the same wine list fleet wide. The list is about 20 pages long.

mazyda4u.jpg. It's bumpy tonight.

Hi, maja651. There's a cabin tour on the sailing, so I'll see what I can find out for you.

Thanks Ashley! I am cruising with my hubby, mom, 2 brothers and 2 nephews. It is the first cruise for my brothers and nephews, so it would be really nice if we could share a larger balcony all together. :)

Had to call NCL about missing item .just got off the phone...anyway, according to Chris ( Kris) , a female, the dividers on Getaway are not removable and are considered a fire barrier ( I'm thinking Grandeur of the Seas here...)

Can't wait to hear the real answer once someone is aboard! Since those balconies are so tiny, if we every book adjoing suites it would be great to make that tiny space double size!!!

I sure hope that Kris is WRONG!!!!!! I'll be really bummed if we can't open the divider.

I just had the menu in hand and was informed that it is the same wine list fleet wide. The list is about 20 pages long.

mazyda4u.jpg. It's bumpy tonight.

Ahhh, you are on the transatlantic then?! I heard it was bumpy indeed! Keep us posted (and if you see my kid tell her I said hi!) ;)

I sure hope that Kris is WRONG!!!!!! I'll be really bummed if we can't open the divider.

Well, you know...if you were to be "lucky" enough to have the weather (40-60mph winds) that we had on the return trip of our 5/19 Breakaway sailing, then you might not have to worry about having those dividers opened....

IMG_0447_1.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

(FYI, first photo was very dangerous conditions (note the high seas in the of the first photo), with deck dividers coming apart & crashing down everywhere; then the crew came to remove the pieces; and the next morning pulling into NYC you see their temporary rope-off with the Freedom Tower in the background...photo of my "Norwegian Breakapart" can be found HERE.)

Ahhh, you are on the transatlantic then?! I heard it was bumpy indeed!

Bumpy?!?! Oh they don't know bumpy unless they were in an extreme forward cabin on the cruise above (the furthest forward M6 cabin on deck 8, with 12-15 foot seas!)

Edited by joeski27

Correct. They don't open dividers anymore, and yes - those balconies are small!

Edited by SissasMomE

i KNOW!! They are so tiny as it is..

but half the time it seems the telephone folks give an 'iffy" answer anyway!

Can't wait to hear about your trip- we are going in July-seems like an ETERNITY!!!

Well, you know...if you were to be "lucky" enough to have the weather (40-60mph winds) that we had on the return trip of our 5/19 Breakaway sailing, then you might not have to worry about having those dividers opened....

IMG_0447_1.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

(FYI, first photo was very dangerous conditions (note the high seas in the of the first photo), with deck dividers coming apart & crashing down everywhere; then the crew came to remove the pieces; and the next morning pulling into NYC you see their temporary rope-off with the Freedom Tower in the background...photo of my "Norwegian Breakapart" can be found HERE.)

OH MY GAWD!!!!

Bumpy?!?! Oh they don't know bumpy unless they were in an extreme forward cabin on the cruise above (the furthest forward M6 cabin on deck 8, with 12-15 foot seas!)

Wow, that was one crazy cruise! I just read your recap and saw all your pictures. Being a newbie around here I am still learning my way around the threads :D

Well I noticed the dividers had a bit on them which was designed to connect to a latch on the wall near the door to hold them back when folded open.

Again new photos from Spa area and Garden Cafe. Hve a look into the album "Deck 15":

http://www.depping-design.de/test/index.php

???I LOVED the pictures! We are sailing on Getaway May 3rd. Excited to start seeing pictures and reviews now. I have a question, in the Panarama shots it looks like a pic of Tropicanna room with several rows of chairs set up?? What were they using that room for with that configuration? It's usually a dining room, correct?

Does anyone know which aft penthouse suites have the largest decks?

Also, do these cabins have two bathrooms??

Thanks!

I hope I am addressing your questions. The aft penthouse suites all appear to about the same square footage for the cabin itself. But the balcony sizes vary. The largest balcony is on deck 9, then deck 12. They all have two bathrooms. Both are full bathrooms, one is large with a tub and shower and the other is smaller with only a shower. Hope this helps.

The last two days I worked out the first sets of my interior Getaway photos such as Haven, panorama shots, photos at dawn etc. .

They are like allways in my gallery and many more will be added soon:

Enjoy them!

Andreas

Wow, thanks so much for the pictures!!! Can't wait to sail Getaway!

I'm sailing the getaway in a month with a toddler in a gty balcony. This is a stretch but for anyone who has already been on the ship do you know if the couch moves to turn it around against the wall? I'd like to use it as a bed and trying to avoid filling up the stateroom with a crib.

Meanwhile most of the photos from inaugural voyage of Norwegian Getaway are selected, worked out and sorted into albums. There are only some panorama shots missing. All in all you can see around 1000 Norwegian Getaway photos in my cruiseship-gallery.de and more than 9000 photos from other Meyerwerft ships.

Enjoy them here and feel free to share this link:

Meanwhile most of the photos from inaugural voyage of Norwegian Getaway are selected, worked out and sorted into albums. There are only some panorama shots missing. All in all you can see around 1000 Norwegian Getaway photos in my cruiseship-gallery.de and more than 9000 photos from other Meyerwerft ships.

Enjoy them here and feel free to share this link:

Thanks so much. Your pictures are always great!