Transportation - Calico Jack's & Hell?

addie1013

I'll be on my own with DS while my DH is on a certified scuba diving tour. Would like to visit Hell (I've been there, DS hasn't) & then spend the day on the beach at Calico Jack's. What's the best mode of transportation? Does the bus stop at both places or should we hail a cab?

The easy way would be by taxi.

Just wondering ... Why did you like going to Hell enough to want to return?

This is not intended as an ugly comment ... just being in Hell once was enough for me. Wondering if you found something interesting enough to go back that I did not. :confused:

LuLu

~~~~

Thanks, Drew! I figured taking the bus would be cheaper than a taxi. We have always booked tours through the cruise line & so we're not familiar with GC's transportation system & can't find a detailed map of bus stops (only their routes) online.

Thanks, Drew! I figured taking the bus would be cheaper than a taxi. We have always booked tours through the cruise line & so we're not familiar with GC's transportation system & can't find a detailed map of bus stops (only their routes) online.

There is no such map of bus stops.

There are a few bus stops that were installed by one of the local community service organizations (Rotary Club, IIRC). you don;t have to be at such a stop to catch the bus. Instead, you can hail a passing bus by waving your arm - just like hailing a taxi. They will stop pretty much anywhere.

Similarly, as a passenger, you can ask the driver to stop anywhere along the route.

Though referred to as "public" buses, they are not owned or operated by the government. Each bus is a private business, licensed by the government to serve a particular route. As such you pay each bus individually - no free transfers.

There is no such map of bus stops.

There are a few bus stops that were installed by one of the local community service organizations (Rotary Club, IIRC). you don;t have to be at such a stop to catch the bus. Instead, you can hail a passing bus by waving your arm - just like hailing a taxi. They will stop pretty much anywhere.

Similarly, as a passenger, you can ask the driver to stop anywhere along the route.

Though referred to as "public" buses, they are not owned or operated by the government. Each bus is a private business, licensed by the government to serve a particular route. As such you pay each bus individually - no free transfers.

How will I be able to identify the buses? Are they labeled or do they look similar in some way?

Archived