Carnival Glory questions

cdncruiser84

I am very excited to go on Carnival Glory Jan19/14 7 night west.Caribbean out of Miami.

This will be my first and my fiance's first with carnival , I am doing research by looking through older posts but there is some info on staterooms but not a lot ,deck 7 seems to be a good deck to be on but I'm asking for some assistance from established carnival cruisers :-)

I am considering in surprising her with a cloud 9 spa oceanview or balcony ,originally we were planning on just going with an OV but trying to stay away from major public areas as well! Any other input on top of the stateroom info on the glory would be greatly appreciated thank you .

We were on the Glory last week in 7322, which is an Ocean Suite. It was my GF's first cruise and I really think she liked having the extra little dressing area that the suite had to do her hair and makeup and have her private little area to get ready.

She kept her clothes in the closet adjacent to the dressing area. After she got out of the shower she could do get completely ready without having to leave that area, while I got ready in the main part of the cabin. It was nice for both of us to have our own spots to get ready.

With that said, I'd say go for an ocean suite if you can swing it!

DH and I had a balcony on the port side towards the back room 7434. It was one of the "L" shaped rooms and we had a balcony that was twice the size lengthwise. We were on Deck 7 and had no issues with noise at all.

Edited by Ciardasully

We had a deck 7 aft view balcony... It was perfect. Floor was quiet, elevators close but on the aft there was no foot traffic at all past our room. 2 floors up or down for most things. Quick elevator rides. Most kids seems to be on the other end of the ship

OK just booked our first carnival cruise yahoo ! Deck 10 here we come :-) pre paid gratuities as well!

We did room 1023 on the glory. Deck 10 is very quiet. Perfect if you love balconies, being near the lido etc. great location

Carnival Glory doesn't have a Cloud 9 spa or spa passes so unless you just want to be close to the spa, it may not be worth it.

That's what I was wondering...pretty sure it's just the regular spa and the cabins around it are not "spa" cabins on this ship.

Good choice on Deck 10 though! We're on that deck for our B2B on Glory next week and can't wait! Love being up on 9 or 10, hope you will too :)

That's what I was wondering...pretty sure it's just the regular spa and the cabins around it are not "spa" cabins on this ship.

Good choice on Deck 10 though! We're on that deck for our B2B on Glory next week and can't wait! Love being up on 9 or 10, hope you will too :)

I looked it up on goccl because I wanted to make sure it wasn't one!

Yeah she's OK with not having the spa room......lol I will have to make it up to her somehow ;), thank you for the help/assistance and encouragement everyone! We both are going into this cruise with an open mind as every cruise company has their perks and qwerks , so we feel blessed just to go on a cruise that's how life should be . It appears to me that Carnival will be the best bang for the buck cruise compared to our other cruises its two for one price comparison with the discounts and obc is just an added bonus:-)

Yeah she's OK with not having the spa room......lol I will have to make it up to her somehow ;), thank you for the help/assistance and encouragement everyone! We both are going into this cruise with an open mind as every cruise company has their perks and qwerks , so we feel blessed just to go on a cruise that's how life should be . It appears to me that Carnival will be the best bang for the buck cruise compared to our other cruises its two for one price comparison with the discounts and obc is just an added bonus:-)

It sounds like you have a great attitude and I'm sure you will have a fantastic cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! We just had an interior. It was on the Empress Deck. Loved that one. Very quiet and private. The only issue we had was when the drunks came back to their cabin... but that would happen on any part of the ship. When you board the Glory, there is a fish and chips station above the Lido deck buffet. I highly recommend going there the first day. it is much less crowded (usually only a handful of people) and pretty good :)

Hi there! We just had an interior. It was on the Empress Deck. Loved that one. Very quiet and private. The only issue we had was when the drunks came back to their cabin... but that would happen on any part of the ship. When you board the Glory, there is a fish and chips station above the Lido deck buffet. I highly recommend going there the first day. it is much less crowded (usually only a handful of people) and pretty good :)

What kind of cruise would it be without happy drunks running around the ship? :D Seriously, someone mentioned the interiors around deck 6 and I did have one right there above the disco for the BOS sailing on June 16 or so of this year and it was not bad. Yeah you can hear the action and music and all but it did not bother me at all. Some light sleepers might be bothered. Overall, Glory is my favorite Carnival ship. Yes, the fish and chips is great (found out about that from reading CC before that trip) and unless you know about it, one would probably never even see it. Guy's is great on there, only thing missing is the hotdogs on the grill and you can still get them steamed at the deli if you so choose. And the blue iguana cantina is great. I am not even a burrito fan but the ones there kicked butt. Great ship, enjoy it.

FlyingCruiserNJ

• 3 weeks later...
DH and I had a balcony on the port side towards the back room 7434. It was one of the "L" shaped rooms and we had a balcony that was twice the size lengthwise. We were on Deck 7 and had no issues with noise at all.

I booked this cabin for my mom's 65th birthday and my re-30th. ;) Can you tell me if the bed is facing the windows or away from it?

I want to be able to fall asleep looking at the stars. :D