Earliest time you can board MSC Divina in Miami

liveinns

Once you start working with a Travel Agent you will never be able to communicate with the cruise line again. That includes if you miss a departure on a weekend and the ship sails without you. If your travel agent can't be reached to arrange a re-connect, you might as well buy a house wherever you are.

That's why I book direct. In the UK if you're booked with a TA you have to deal with the TA. I'd booked with a big UK cruise company and their sales service and solo discounts were good but after that, completely hopeless. I knew they were telling me things that were wrong but as it took 2-3 days to get through to someone, it was too much bother to insist. Each person contradicted the other too. In the end MSC did start dealing with me directly because they had to. They had to ensure that I knew I had to have a yellow fever vaccination certificate when I boarded. They also helped me get my tickets as TA had not forwarded them.

The TA went bust a few months after that but even if they hadn't, I would not have used one again. I know more about MSC than most TAs and also know the staff in the UK Office so am happy to make the calls myself.

We're sailing the Divina in March. I did the web check-in and printed out a form to show when boarding the ship. It contains our names and personal information as well as our booking number and cabin number. I assumed that this was the only "ticket" we would receive. Was I wrong?

We're sailing the Divina in March. I did the web check-in and printed out a form to show when boarding the ship. It contains our names and personal information as well as our booking number and cabin number. I assumed that this was the only "ticket" we would receive. Was I wrong?

No. But could you print your laggage tags ?

Not sure what happens in the US but in the UK we get tickets emailed to us that have the itinerary, terms and conditions of carriage, details of any onboard services booked or OBC, the location of your. A in on the deck plan and luggage labels torint off, so yes more than just the online check in form.

Not sure what happens in the US but in the UK we get tickets emailed to us that have the itinerary, terms and conditions of carriage, details of any onboard services booked or OBC, the location of your. A in on the deck plan and luggage labels torint off, so yes more than just the online check in form.

We dont get it for about 5 years now . just e-mail even from Cunard :p

I spoke with my T.A. this morning about tickets for our Nov.23rd cruise, she said MSC would be e mailing them this week....cutting it a little close ,but no worries here.

i just had online chat with MSC, requested my documents ,got them before I finished my chat. :p I am on DEc-10-2013 and DEc 21-2013 .LOL now I could do my dance :p too bad I am at work )

How soon before sailing do you think I will get mine? I am on the 12/21 cruise. Also, on other cruise lines, we have to go to the line's web site to fill out copious amounts of information ahead of time. Do I need to do this on MSC?

How soon before sailing do you think I will get mine? I am on the 12/21 cruise. Also, on other cruise lines, we have to go to the line's web site to fill out copious amounts of information ahead of time. Do I need to do this on MSC?

yes, you should do it on MSC web too. I got mine today ,cal lthem or chat on line.

• 4 months later...

Just wondering what the earliest time has been on recent MSC Divina cruises for being able to embark? Our ticket says 4 pm but that sound really late considering we have the early dinner sitting. We are not in the yaght club but are MSC past cruisers and part of the MSC club though it sounds like that might not make a difference in embarkation priority on the Divina in Miami :)

I think the time of 4pm embarkation is (1) a misprint or (2) a tactic for new cruisers so that the huge rush for all to board is not overwhelming. Divina holds 4300 passengers, so I would imagine getting them all onboard would be a logistical nightmare if all pax converged at 4pm. Those of us who have cruised before generally sneak in around noon.

Oh, and I did hear that many Europeans fly in on the day of departure and are reassured by the 4pm embarkation. :)

Just wondering what the earliest time has been on recent MSC Divina cruises for being able to embark? Our ticket says 4 pm but that sound really late considering we have the early dinner sitting. We are not in the yaght club but are MSC past cruisers and part of the MSC club though it sounds like that might not make a difference in embarkation priority on the Divina in Miami :)

I got to the port at 1pm and they were already boarding, no line no waiting. They probably start boarding 11-12pm. It the most average on all the cruises I been on.

I was at the port around noon or 12:30, and many people had already boarded. No need to wait until 4:00. The cabins were ready around 2:00.