Cruise Ship (Mainly Carnival) Themed Christmas Tree

thecruiserofships

I'm planning on collecting a little sand from the beaches we travel to and then put them in clear ornaments...with some little shells if I can find them also. I then plan to write the beach name and date of visit on the ornament.

DW has been collecting little glass bottles of sand from each port we visit. They have the name of the island painted on the outside and usualy have tiny shells inside of them. She has them on a shelf in the family room but you could very easily tie a string on them with a hook and hang them on your tree. They are only about three inches high. Almost every port has them.

I love this idea. Such a pretty tree, inspiring many great memories. Alas, I won't be having a Christmas tree this year. Don't feel sorry for me, I'm doing the same thing in reverse. We leave on Dec 15th for 14, count them, 14 days aboard Legend for our Christmas. So, no decorations at the house, but plenty aboard our Christmas Ship.. ho ho ho. I hope to take photos of each Christmas tree aboard, and I'm hoping there's several.

Merry Christmas everyone, I will be sailing!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I love this idea. Such a pretty tree, inspiring many great memories. Alas, I won't be having a Christmas tree this year. Don't feel sorry for me, I'm doing the same thing in reverse. We leave on Dec 15th for 14, count them, 14 days aboard Legend for our Christmas. So, no decorations at the house, but plenty aboard our Christmas Ship.. ho ho ho. I hope to take photos of each Christmas tree aboard, and I'm hoping there's several.

Merry Christmas everyone, I will be sailing!!!

Have a great Christmas!