Victory 10/14 review with pics

Pellaz

Such a great review and wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! NEXT time I'll try to type stuff up at the end of each day so I don't forget things...but who are we foolin'? It's a cruise, not a homework assignment. :)

Ooops, didn't notice this the first time around.

Was it very clear that the aft pool allowed kids? I don't want someone to get upset with us. I don't suppose you saw the giant chess or shuffleboard courts, or where the preteens tended to hang out? :)

There is NO sign on the aft pool or hot-tubs stating that they are adults-only. It was the first thing I looked for, since otherwise the aft pool and whirlpool area is identical to that on Liberty. You should be good. :)

The giant chess set, as mentioned before, was right near the aft pool. Port side just aft of the Sirens Bar, as I recall.

I think the shuffleboard courts, or at least one of them, was on Deck 10 or possibly Deck 11 aft. I never actually saw it in use.

As for pre-teens, they could have been in either Camp Carnival (up to age 11) or Circle C (ages 12-14). We ancient wrecks aren't allowed in there. I did see some kids in both the midships and aft pools at times.

Although there were a lot of kids on this sailing (I still don't know why, as school was in session most places), we only saw kids marauding through the Lido buffet area once, on the last day.

• 4 months later...
And here's a look at both ships docked. Really close together, or as some have said, "like a ship canyon." imgp0136.jpg

I believe I used the same expression in my Sensation review (link below). It really did look like a canyon, with Sensation and Victory docked side-by-side. I can only imagine how the same canyon would look like with RCI's Oasis and Allure :eek:.

I'm considering this itinerary for my next cruise (Victory or another ship with the same ports), and it'll probably be a solo one. I had good success finding a solo-friendly excursion in Nassau when I went there before. But Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk are mostly beach ports. How solo-friendly are they? Beach excursions as a solo always struck me as kind of boring and awkward, and I'm not into snorkeling. What solo-friendly excursions do Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk have?

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

I believe I used the same expression in my Sensation review (link below). It really did look like a canyon, with Sensation and Victory docked side-by-side. I can only imagine how the same canyon would look like with RCI's Oasis and Allure :eek:.

Not likely that both behemoths would be in GT at the same time, but one of them plus, say, Freedom of the Seas could happen, and that class isn't much smaller.

If you get in port first and then another much-bigger ship pulls in next to you while you weren't paying attention, it can be a bit surprising. "Hey, this apartment building just sprouted next door!" :D

I'm considering this itinerary for my next cruise (Victory or another ship with the same ports), and it'll probably be a solo one. I had good success finding a solo-friendly excursion in Nassau when I went there before. But Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk are mostly beach ports. How solo-friendly are they? Beach excursions as a solo always struck me as kind of boring and awkward, and I'm not into snorkeling. What solo-friendly excursions do Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk have?

It depends on what you like. HMC has a horseback-riding excursion (along the beach, etc.) that is generally well-regarded. Some of the excursions there, like the flat-bottomed boat, are not, though. I'm pretty sure you can rent a Sea-Doo in the same lagoon where they have the stingray excursions.

I think CCL also offers parasailing there.

Grand Turk, like HMC, is largely a beach-day kind of place and if you're going solo you can make a pretty good day of it just by heading up to Jack's Shack or, if you want to get away from people, you can go further north to Governor's Beach. There are some "explore the island" excursions but many reviews basically say there isn't that much of an island to explore. :)

You could book some time on the Flow-Rider at Margaritaville...it might be potentially embarrassing, but it wouldn't be boring! :)

Edited by Pellaz

• 7 months later...

This is a great review! thank you...we are going on the Victory in February and hadn't seen or read much about her.

Your price makes me gag - we're paying double that in Feb (though we have an interior with the walkway window on the "secret" deck). I hope to see some price drops.

Thanks again!