Red Stripe Beach

MS52

Can anyone tell me about Red Stripe Beach? I tried to do a search but the word beach is in every one of the threads and the search just brought up every thread. :rolleyes:

We have Time N Place booked for January for our day at Falmouth but the reviews lately haven't been very good.

So I have lots of questions. We have never been to Falmouth before. Looks like Red Stripe Beach is the only beach day offered by the cruise ship.

Can you take a cab to Red Stripe Beach?

Cost?

Or should you just take the cruise ship excursion @ $24?

Is there any shade there at all?

Cost of chair rental?

Cost of beer?

I'd like a nice beach day while in Jamaica. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

THANKS!

Five to 10 minutes east of the Port of Falmouth, is an area called White Bay.

Located along White Bay, from west to east, are the following:

* Red Stripe Beach, a private area used for Royal Caribbean tour.

* Time N Place, a rustic venue with cottages, bar and restaurant.

* N-Resort, a nudist beach and resort.

* Breezes Resort - Trelawny, currently under renovation, which will reopen as Memories White Sands.

* Burwood Public Beach, controlled by the Trelawny Parish Council, with plans to modernize the facilities, but unimproved for last three years.

* Chukka Beach excursion, another tour uses the beach next to Burwood Public Beach

Here is a map of White Bay.

25 to 30 minutes west of Falmouth, midway between Falmouth and Montego Bay are two resorts. Excursions are available for Iberostar(through the ship) and Hilton Rose Hall (through Jamaicafora day).

Looking forward to replies on this thread. We are looking at Red Stripe Beach too...just want a beach day in Jamaica. We will be in Falmouth.

There are some reviews on Trip Advisor too, which are mostly good...say the beach is nice, but small and can get crowded.

Edited by alphakitty

We checked this out in January from Falmouth when we were on the Celebrity Silhouette. At that time it was around $24 a person (now $28 or $29). Couldn't go by taxi, had to go thru RCI -- either by booking it at the excursion desk or at a kiosk out in the Courtyard, both paid for with the Seapass card. The fee included the bus to and from the beach, about a 10 minute ride. Returning time was flexible, the bus ran every hour. At that time, chairs were an extra $5 and mats also $5.

There was a place to buy food and drink. There were clean rest rooms and changing facilities (new buildings).

The beach was really quite small. The chairs were lined up side by side, close to each other.There were some places with a few trees for shade but they were quickly taken and were mostly on the far sides of the beach. There were no umbrellas for rent that I saw.

We are trying to figure out if its worth it too. We will be there on Oasis Thanksgiving week with kids/grandkids and wondering what to do close by. Now that Chukka beach break is not offered anymore, Red Stripe is about the only close by beach option available from RCI. It was crowded when the Silhouette (smaller ship) was the only ship there, and at that point most people were going to Chukka beach. So I can only assume it will be very overcrowded if too many people elect to go to Red Stripe Beach. I've been checking the forums to see if anyone posted a review recently, but no luck yet.

The RCI tour to red stripe beach is now $28.00 per person. Is this worth it?

From what I read, it's RCCL's beach but not definite about that. I don't think you can get in unless your on a tour.

IMHO.......it's not worth $28. Its only transportation and you still have to rent chairs.............I think that's crazy especially since the description says it's a 10 minute ride!!!! Most beach tours at least include your chair and umbrella........LOL

I have no idea what we're going to do in Falmouth!!! Last time there we did the Chukka Beach tour and we really enjoyed it but like someone else above said "it's not offered anymore".

I saw some photos of Time and Place and it doesn't look very nice to me so passing on that one too!

Patty

Edited by beachbuddy