Earyly saver price match to current sale re: Obc

sailawaykaye

Hi. I am currently booked on the December 2nd sailing on the Triumph under Early Saver. I have paid in full $693.72. With the current sale the price is $823.72 with a $150 OBC. That would make it $20 less than what I have paid. Would I be approved for the $20 OBC?

Hi. I am currently booked on the December 2nd sailing on the Triumph under Early Saver. I have paid in full $693.72. With the current sale the price is $823.72 with a $150 OBC. That would make it $20 less than what I have paid. Would I be approved for the $20 OBC?

You will have to pay the difference now.....then get $150 OBC when you sail

Thankyou for the reply. I thought so, but when I put in the Price pr

potection claim form it was denied. The reason they gave me is this......

The OBC promotion has it's own rates associated with it that are higher than the rates you booked. If we apply this promotion to your booking, you will receive the $150 cabin OBC but your cruise rates will increase by $130 total if we adjust your booking. The credit does not have any monetary value and cannot be used to pay the $130 differnce.

Thankyou for the reply. I thought so, but when I put in the Price pr

potection claim form it was denied. The reason they gave me is this......

The OBC promotion has it's own rates associated with it that are higher than the rates you booked. If we apply this promotion to your booking, you will receive the $150 cabin OBC but your cruise rates will increase by $130 total if we adjust your booking. The credit does not have any monetary value and cannot be used to pay the $130 differnce.

Exactly....you will need to call and pay the difference....and then you will no longer be Early Saver

I thought once Early Saver always Early Saver?

No, because changing to a higher rate than the OP paid is NOT early saver. The only way you remain early saver is by finding a lower fare than what you paid. This fare is higher but with the OBC the OP comes out $20 ahead. I'm amazed that anyone would go through this when the savings only amounts to $20, but to each his own. I'd also be afraid of losing my choice of cabin. I've read some threads on that situation here before.

I thought once Early Saver always Early Saver?

I think if you opt to upgrade to a different promotion....which is what you want to do to get basically $20 ......then you are booked under the new promotion....not Early Saver...

They told you in the email that ES didn't apply in this case.

Personally I wouldn't do it for $20 ......but you should check with them before you do it...

Exactly....you will need to call and pay the difference....and then you will no longer be Early Saver

I think you should just call anyway. Not for nothing, but I just got a net $22 per person price drop for one of my cabins with this current promotion. Second price drop since we booked in August. First was when they had the 2014 preview promo. I use a TA and they lowered my final payment amount by $22 each once the OBC was factored into the new pricing.

Thanks for the help everybody. Just got off the phone with a carnival representative. I did have to pay the higher booking rate for the $150 OBC. Still saves me $20. Now if the price goes any lower, I could still qualify for the new rate but would lose my OBC. I just need to factor in the OBC before applying for the new rate. Also the OBC credit is Non Refundable. That $20 difference is still $20 to give as an extra tip to either our wait staff or room steward!

Thanks for the help everybody. Just got off the phone with a carnival representative. I did have to pay the higher booking rate for the $150 OBC. Still saves me $20. Now if the price goes any lower, I could still qualify for the new rate but would lose my OBC. I just need to factor in the OBC before applying for the new rate. Also the OBC credit is Non Refundable. That $20 difference is still $20 to give as an extra tip to either our wait staff or room steward!

And you are still Early Saver - right? and therefore still eligible for price drops.

I wonder why, after the length of time early saver has been around, people still cannot get the facts straight.

Once you are booked under the early saver promotion you are ALWAYS under the restrictions and rules of early saver. It doesn't matter if you change to the man in the moon promo this week or the don't fall overboard promotion two months from now you will ALWAYS remain under the early saver rules.

The rules are quite simple.

If you find a lower rate for the same category and cabin type you can get the price reduction up to 2 business days prior to your cruise.

If you prefer to upgrade you can, your choice.

If you decide to cancel your cruise before final payment you are charged $50 per person penalty and the balance of your deposit is held by Carnival to be used within the next 24 months for another cruise.

No name changes without a penalty (usually the deposit amount).

No downgrades.

I wonder why, after the length of time early saver has been around, people still cannot get the facts straight.

Once you are booked under the early saver promotion you are ALWAYS under the restrictions and rules of early saver. It doesn't matter if you change to the man in the moon promo this week or the don't fall overboard promotion two months from now you will ALWAYS remain under the early saver rules.

If you find a lower rate for the same category and cabin type you can get the price reduction up to 2 business days prior to your cruise.

If you decide to cancel your cruise before final payment you are charged $50 per person penalty and the balance of your deposit is held by Carnival to be used within the next 24 months for another cruise.

No downgrades.

beats me.:confused:

To the peeps saying you are no longer ES. If this was true and you booked ES and have 90 days to cruise and want to cancel but don't want to lose $50pp or have Carnival hold the balance of your deposit you could just pay more for the current promotion and then just cancel and get all your money back.

I haven't read a single post on CC since ES started where somebody was able to do this.

Bill

Yes! I am still Early Saver. Just wanted to get in on this price drop because there were only 2 cabins available in the 4J category. Once my category is sold out......no more price drops to compare to.

Even after your category sells out KEEP CHECKING. As folks cancel, upgrade, etc cabins can open back up! We've gotten drops on a porthole cabin 2 weeks before sailing.

No downgrades.

Not quite true!

I upgraded cabins whilst on ES and paid for the upgrade and the ES price drops only applied to my original cabin not the paid for upgraded cabin although I was still locked into ES restrictions.

My upgraded cabin had a price drop and i was denied the drop, my original cabin had a price drop and i was denied that because i was now in a different category to my original ES.

Not quite true!

I upgraded cabins whilst on ES and paid for the upgrade and the ES price drops only applied to my original cabin not the paid for upgraded cabin although I was still locked into ES restrictions.

My upgraded cabin had a price drop and i was denied the drop, my original cabin had a price drop and i was denied that because i was now in a different category to my original ES.

You were dealing with an incompetent CCL rep.

You should have been allowed the price drop on the upgraded cabin if the price was lower than what you paid for the original cabin plus the amount you paid to upgrade.

So if you originally paid $600pp and then upgraded to another cabin for $100pp you paid $700.

If the cabin you are now in drops below $700 you should get the reduction.

Bill

You were dealing with an incompetent CCL rep.

You should have been allowed the price drop on the upgraded cabin if the price was lower than what you paid for the original cabin plus the amount you paid to upgrade.

So if you originally paid $600pp and then upgraded to another cabin for $100pp you paid $700.

If the cabin you are now in drops below $700 you should get the reduction.

Bill

Maybe true but it didnt work out that way for me!

I was told that because I upgraded to a higher category that my ES (re price drops) only applied to my original cabin booked.

When my original ES cabin cat dropped I was told I was in a different category. when my paid for upgrade dropped I was told my ES only applies to the original category booking :confused:Who am I to argue:confused: I sent a price drop form both times and was denied both times.

Archived