Hyatt House - 18th Ave, Dania Beach

bbevanston

How's the hotel and the breakfast? Usually we stay at the Hyatt House on 17 Harbor Shops but they were booked up. I think this is hotel is near Stirling Road by the Oakwood Mall. I've been to the Comfort Inn by there and I like the mall area, Moonlite Diner, Kmart for last minute items and BJs for wine. Thoughts? Thanks. We'll be there in November with our 2 kids.

I have stayed at both (17th street is a Hyatt Place) and I much prefer the Hyatt House.

The Hyatt House has a much better breakfast, along with evening managers reception on certain nights and also a evening dinner on certain nights. The rooms are larger and they have a full kitchen. Nice pool and gym also.

If I don't have a car I would stay @ the 17th street Hyatt Place otherwise, especially for 2 nights or longer would stay at the Hyatt House.

Chris

How's the hotel and the breakfast? Usually we stay at the Hyatt House on 17 Harbor Shops but they were booked up. I think this is hotel is near Stirling Road by the Oakwood Mall. I've been to the Comfort Inn by there and I like the mall area, Moonlite Diner, Kmart for last minute items and BJs for wine. Thoughts? Thanks. We'll be there in November with our 2 kids.

Great and great.

Yes and yes.

Nice place with a nice pool area.

[

Hi

I'M THINKING of this for our thanksgiving cruise. You mentioned a BJ's nearby?? I would like to get some wine..

UOTE=bbevanston;40445527]I can't wait to get out of here. Came to work this week and today in a ski jacket, hat, scarf and mitts. Yeah, Midwest weather sucks. I hear the ship calling my name..........

I believe the mall is called Oakwood. you can google it. There is a BJ there. We don't have a membership but I'm sure they get plenty of one night cruise people. We went to customer service and they gave us a free one day pass and we bought a few items and paid at customer service. That was 2 years ago. Across the street if I recall is an Old Navy and Home Depot. Busy little area. Went to Kmart to grab some cases of sodas for our cruise. We were on HAL and were allowed to bring cases of soda as long as we put luggage tags on them. Don't know the rule now.

We love the Hyatt House and will be staying there again in December. The hotel shuttle will pick you up at the airport, take you to the shopping center across the street and out to dinner in the evening. The hotel is quiet, clean, modern and the rooms are very spacious.

We've stayed at the Fairfield Marriott in Dania Beach. Free breakfast, free shuttle from airport and all around area for dinner, "extras" shopping. There is a Publix down the road and they gladly took us there to pick up drinks for the cruise. Staying there again in January.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed there last Friday for one night before our cruise. Good choice.

Costed us $177 w/tax from Hotels.com.

Called hotel when we were waiting for our luggage. 30 mins for the shuttle to arrive. Make sure you take th Hyatt House shuttle, there are other Hyatt shuttles. Driver checks to make sure you're going to the right hotel. Hotel nice, breakfast is good. Lots of choices. Dinner we took a cab to oakwood mall (raining hard). $5.00 cab ride. Ate at Moonlite Diner. Very good. Our second time there and service is fast and shakes are delish. Then walked around the mall (rained stopped). Marshalls, Dollar Store, Kmart, Home Depot etc. Like a regular mall. Walk back to the hotel is up the road, 10 mins. Stirling Road is a busy intersection but there are lights. Hotel room nice, beds comfy but not sofa bed. Could feel the coils. Not comfy at all. Bathroom nice with big shower, no tub.

Kitchen has all the amenities if you wanted to cook but we didn't. There is supposed to be a shuttle to the mall but we missed it by 5 mins. Reception said they would take us there $8pp which is $24 and a rip off so we got a taxi and got there for $5 including tip. That left a bad taste. We were lucky to see a taxi pull up to the Hyatt next door and grabbed it.