Updated Policy for Cash Onboard Account

PyrHeaven

I just checked the website regarding NCL's cash policy, as that is our preferred method of payment, and it no longer states $100 per person, per day! They were never strict on this "rule" to begin with, but I'm glad they changed it - That can be a lot of money if you're traveling with a family of 3,4, etc.

From NCL's Website:

"Cash/Traveler's Checks Procedures

You can deposit cash or US Traveler's Checks into your onboard account.

A cash deposit may be placed on your account in the following amounts:

7 day cruises - $300/person

Less than 7 days - $150/person

More than 7 days - $450/person

Once you have exceeded the deposited amount, your account will be closed to further charges. You can deposit as much money as often as you'd like throughout the cruise, however, refunds cannot be made until the day of disembarkation for any excess. US Traveler's Checks can be cashed onboard and are the same as cash."

It will be interesting to find out if they are "strict" with the new policy. I will be traveling with my Husband and 3 yr old on the EPIC in 20 days - I will report back for those curious about using cash!

I figured I would share my findings, as I couldn't find an "updated" thread on using cash for your onboard account, and if you're like me and checked the website months ago for the updates policy, you wouldn't know that it changed! :)

Thank you so much for this info. We're sailing July 6th on the Breakaway and plan to use cash accounts. My son and I think it's the best way not to charge everything. We've been putting away $20 each away since booking on September 11th. By July 6th we should have $820 each saved.

No problem!

I know "cash or credit" is always such a great debate on CC - everyone always has their own preferred method. We love cash!

Another thing I want to mention - Last year on the Pearl we used cash and had a large amount leftover (due to canceled ports-Hurricane Sandy) and our statement stated we would receive a check in the mail for the remainder. No way we were going to wait for that! You can actually go down to the service desk to get a "cash refund". Don't let the verbiage on the statement fool you!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

We just got off the Sun. We always do a cash account. When we went to the reception desk, they just asked how much we wanted to put down. We gave them $1000, plus we had two OBC's. We got our statement the last night, reviewed it and got our remaining cash the next morning. It was hassle free.

Archived