Pre-cruise concierge - form never emailed, would like to see one!

luvavacation

Leaving in one week for my first cruise on NCL. My family is staying in a Haven Grand Villa. We have yet to receive luggage tags or the pre-concierge request form. This cruise was paid-in-full before final payment date, so I am not sure what is going on.

I contacted NCL twice. The first time, 2 weeks ago, I was told that everything was in the mail. Nothing arrived. Contacted again yesterday, I was told that somehow my reservation was never flagged to have my pre-cruise request form sent to me:confused:, and my luggage tags continue to be "in the mail".:rolleyes:

I was transferred to a person at shoreside concierge and she was pleasant and went over a few things, but was more inclined to have me just tell my butler upon boarding what I would like. I did ask about specific requests for drinks and alcohol, as we receive 6 bottles in our room, but I was told that the master list is with the butler and he would be able to stock our room, that the shoreside concierge list is limited.

This is fine, I will do that, but I really would like to know what is on the pre-cruise concierge form that I was supposed to have emailed to me. Though I did request, again, that it be emailed, I was told that it will take 3 - 4 business days for me to receive it. Odd, but then this is my first NCL cruise, perhaps this wait is normal? Since I never received it the first time I requested it (and I did check my Junk mail folder and confirmed that NCL has my correct email address), I have no high hopes of receiving it this time, either.

Because I am curious to see what is available for pre-cruise request, does anyone have a copy of this that I could see? I did a search here in case someone posted it, but I have not found it. I understand if it isn't meant to be shown to others, but if it's ok to post, I would like to find out what my actual options are.

My family is looking forward to our first NCL cruise, but I do have a bit of unease knowing that my reservation was missed when it comes to the things we were expecting as Grand Villa guests. Here's hoping my actual reservation isn't lost when we arrive to board! ;) :D

I assume from your post that you're staying in either an Owner's Suite or Garden Villa. Here's the list we received from the pre-cruise concierge (for the record, we've always emailed them before they've reached out to us - I'm not good at waiting :rolleyes:)

Pillow Options

Feather - goose down

Overfilled Firm - firm but not too hard

Climarelle - body temperature regulating

Ultra Foam - deluxe memory

Reading Wedge

Hypo-Allergenic

Coffee

Regular

Decaffeinated

Tea

Chamomile

Green

Black

Lemon

Water

Still

Sparkling

Extra Towels

Washcloths

Hand

Bath

Liquor

Beefeater Gin

Grant’s Blended Scotch Whiskey

Smirnoff Vodka

Jim Beam Bourbon

Seagram’s 7 Crown

Bacardi Superior Rum

Sauza Tequila

Dry White Vermouth

Sweet Red Vermouth

Harvey’s Bristol Cream Sherry

Sandeman Reserve Port

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Kahlua

Alice White Chardonnay

Kira Private Reserve Merlot

Sodas

Pepsi

Diet Pepsi

Sierra Mist Soda

Orange Soda

Tonic Water

Ginger Ale

Club Soda

Also, please advise us of any additional interest in our Mandara Spa Services, Art Gallery, or Specialty Dining. It would be our pleasure to make these arrangements for your upcoming sailing. Please advise us of your estimated time of arrival to the port on the day of embarkation so that we may advise the shipboard team. If you have any questions or requests please feel free to contact us at 1-855-625-4283.

It is very discouraging to hear that a simple email will take 3 to 4 business days to reach you. This is the second time I've read a similar statement recently, and just can not understand this. Apparently this is either something very new, or there are some new and as-yet untrained folks answering the phone at the pre-cruise concierge desk.

We've sailed in suites three times in the past year and a half, and have never encountered any kind of delay like this. We've been able to call the desk, have an email to make our selections from, and simply reply to that email with our selections. For our cruise this past March I actually did the entire thing over the phone with the desk, and it was as simple as could be.

If I were not so technologically challenged I would be happy to post what I have received in the past. Alas, I cannot figure out how to get the document to post. However, if you would like to send me an email (link is in my signature) I would be more than happy to forward it to you immediately.

Edit: I see my dear friend Puddles (who is far more technologically savvy than I) has furnished you with the exact document. :)

Edited by WaldosPepper
update

I know your from Europe and I thought at one time there were some posts indicating that luggage tags and Welcome Aboard were not sent to Europe?

That could explain why you've had some difficulty?

There is no need to worry about advance selections as your Butler will take care of everything while you are unpacking.

My first suite is coming up in January and I am really thrilled. I am just planning ahead and want to ask-If I don't get my Letter and tags etc- do I contact my TA or NCL?

I just like to plan ahead.

My first suite is coming up in January and I am really thrilled. I am just planning ahead and want to ask-If I don't get my Letter and tags etc- do I contact my TA or NCL?

I just like to plan ahead.

You would contact your TA, because they own your booking. Enjoy that suite! :D

I am sorry that you are having issues. If you are staying in the garden villa, you are staying in the most expensive suite, so I would think that would count for something and they should be doing everything in their power to make you happy. I just looked at my welcome letter that I received for my suite on Nov. 30. It states that the concierge desk is available Monday-Friday from 9:00am-9:00pm EST which might be why you have to wait a couple days? The email address given to us is NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com. I sent an email to them (with my reservation #) with my requests and received a response back within an hour. Good luck with it, but don't stress if it doesn't work out. You can request everything onboard. We stayed in the garden villa on the Dawn in January, and can tell you we were treated like royalty!! Anything and everything we asked for was provided! Enjoy your trip!!:D

I know your from Europe and I thought at one time there were some posts indicating that luggage tags and Welcome Aboard were not sent to Europe?

This is correct - we have never received anything in mail when cruising in suites since our first cruise in 2009, no matter how it was booked.

However because of NCL's mixup with the addresses with out upcoming cruise, our address in file for this summer's Med cruise also had changed and we were first time sent the "suite letter" with the tags - to our Garden Villa sharing Canadian friends' address. :D

We live in Europe and have always received the luggage tags etc. by mail. We order through the EU office in Wiesbaden Germany through our PCC. Perhaps that matters?

Probably yes, I have never figured out why to pay the inflated euro prices (so far the only cruise I've seen cheaper in euros was the one nighter on Breakaway from NL to UK before the first transatlantic - there surely are others too but they are rare) with worse cancellation terms, so I've always booked directly from US (both direct with NCL and via TAs).

Probably yes, I have never figured out why to pay the inflated euro prices (so far the only cruise I've seen cheaper in euros was the one nighter on Breakaway from NL to UK before the first transatlantic - there surely are others too but they are rare) with worse cancellation terms, so I've always booked directly from US (both direct with NCL and via TAs).

Thanks for the charming considerate answer. :D

Thanks all for the information!

While I am European, I actually live in the States with my American husband and children, and have a U.S. address, so the address should not be an issue for NCL.

And yes, sorry, I am in the Garden Villa, not Grand. Oops! Too excited about my trip as I was typing to realize that mistake!

And thank you so much, Puddles99, for posting that list. I did not realize there were so many pillow choices! I really appreciate seeing what is available.

WaldosPepper, I thought it was only I that did not understand why it would take 3 - 4 business days for an email to be sent, but I see a seasoned cruiser as yourself has heard of this, too. This really wasn't what I expected from shoreside concierge, but I am hopeful that the rest of the actual cruise will be fantastic.

Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

We are about to go on our first Norwegian cruise−in under two weeks! Just booked it on Sunday, 2-BR Family Villa in the Haven, Thanksgiving Breakaway sailing.

I'm also very curious about the pre-cruise concierge. (Please excuse my ignorance−I am trying to cram all my research and reading of CC, etc. into just 10 days.) What all can the concierge do for you? Anything that you really should try and get done ahead of time or you will lose out? Is the concierge only for Haven and mini-suite passengers? Thanks for answers.

As a side note, I wanted to book a small cabana for Great Stirrup but of course they were long gone. We really do need shade for our outings. I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas besides clam shells and finding shaded hammock spots early in the day. We must actually just stay aboard and enjoy an emptier ship if we can't figure something else out for GSC.

We are about to go on our first Norwegian cruise−in under two weeks! Just booked it on Sunday, 2-BR Family Villa in the Haven, Thanksgiving Breakaway sailing.

I'm also very curious about the pre-cruise concierge. (Please excuse my ignorance−I am trying to cram all my research and reading of CC, etc. into just 10 days.) What all can the concierge do for you? Anything that you really should try and get done ahead of time or you will lose out? Is the concierge only for Haven and mini-suite passengers? Thanks for answers.

As a side note, I wanted to book a small cabana for Great Stirrup but of course they were long gone. We really do need shade for our outings. I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas besides clam shells and finding shaded hammock spots early in the day. We must actually just stay aboard and enjoy an emptier ship if we can't figure something else out for GSC.

Concierge handles all things outside your cabin onboard the ship: restaurant reservations, bookings, etc. No need to use pre-concierge desk in advance, you'll meet the concierge probably already in terminal and can call them pretty much anytime onboard to ask them to make arrangements for you. Butler on the other hand handles all things inside your cabin: brings room service, services the Lavazza machine, brings afternoon snacks, etc. Concierge and butler services are only for full suites (categories which code starts with letter 'S'), not mini-suites.

You can try and ask the concierge as soon as you meet them if there are any cabanas reserved for booking onboard and ask them to try and book one for you, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Enjoy your cruise!

I am in a suite and sail in less than 2 weeks. We have had the cruise booked since spring and my final payment was also paid in Sept. I too have yet to receive the letter or luggage tags. I contacted the number this morning and made requests via the phone. She also assured me I would have my letter in my inbox by tomorrow morning at the latest. We shall see!

Leaving in one week for my first cruise on NCL. My family is staying in a Haven Grand Villa. We have yet to receive luggage tags or the pre-concierge request form. This cruise was paid-in-full before final payment date, so I am not sure what is going on.

I contacted NCL twice. The first time, 2 weeks ago, I was told that everything was in the mail. Nothing arrived. Contacted again yesterday, I was told that somehow my reservation was never flagged to have my pre-cruise request form sent to me:confused:, and my luggage tags continue to be "in the mail".:rolleyes:

I was transferred to a person at shoreside concierge and she was pleasant and went over a few things, but was more inclined to have me just tell my butler upon boarding what I would like. I did ask about specific requests for drinks and alcohol, as we receive 6 bottles in our room, but I was told that the master list is with the butler and he would be able to stock our room, that the shoreside concierge list is limited.

This is fine, I will do that, but I really would like to know what is on the pre-cruise concierge form that I was supposed to have emailed to me. Though I did request, again, that it be emailed, I was told that it will take 3 - 4 business days for me to receive it. Odd, but then this is my first NCL cruise, perhaps this wait is normal? Since I never received it the first time I requested it (and I did check my Junk mail folder and confirmed that NCL has my correct email address), I have no high hopes of receiving it this time, either.

Because I am curious to see what is available for pre-cruise request, does anyone have a copy of this that I could see? I did a search here in case someone posted it, but I have not found it. I understand if it isn't meant to be shown to others, but if it's ok to post, I would like to find out what my actual options are.

My family is looking forward to our first NCL cruise, but I do have a bit of unease knowing that my reservation was missed when it comes to the things we were expecting as Grand Villa guests. Here's hoping my actual reservation isn't lost when we arrive to board! ;) :D

As at June 2013, not sure now but it was not available outside the USA and Canada.

We are from the UK and did not get pre concierge, we were travelling with friends form the USA who were receiving the individual treatment and we were getting nothing, although we were in the haven also

All we had to do is ask the butler when we got to the room and he sorted it all the first day

Also in the UK we do not get luggage tags - we get a printout of one by email that we have to print and tape to the case.

We now get an electronic version of a welcome aboard booklet by nothing pre printed and in 2009 we didn't get an electronic verison.

As at June 2013, not sure now but it was not available outside the USA and Canada.

We are from the UK and did not get pre concierge, we were travelling with friends form the USA who were receiving the individual treatment and we were getting nothing, although we were in the haven also

While we outside North America will not get the letter specifically informing about this perk, it doesn't mean that we wouldn't get access to pre-cruise concierge desk, just call or email them. That's what I did this summer, no problem what so ever.

I am in a suite and sail in less than 2 weeks. We have had the cruise booked since spring and my final payment was also paid in Sept. I too have yet to receive the letter or luggage tags. I contacted the number this morning and made requests via the phone. She also assured me I would have my letter in my inbox by tomorrow morning at the latest. We shall see!

Wanted to report back that the email I was promised yesterday did not arrive, so I decided to call again. This time I got Adrian (not the person I spoke with yesterday who told me she "would put me in her stack and have to me this morning at the latest"). Adrian put me on a short hold then came back and told me she would send my letter within 15 minutes. I am happy to report, I had it in 5 minutes. So I just wanted to post for anyone having pre-cruise concierge issues, maybe try asking for Adrian @ 855.625.4283. Happy cruising!

While we outside North America will not get the letter specifically informing about this perk, it doesn't mean that we wouldn't get access to pre-cruise concierge desk, just call or email them. That's what I did this summer, no problem what so ever.

We did call them, even got on a conference call with them and american friends and miami said they could not deal with it

We ended up writing to the customer service director who assigned a member of staff to do it in the UK and said they would be introducing it soon - when we got on, the concierge had never received the request so the butler did it for us once on board

Hopefully they now rolled it out worldwide and if not it's easy to get done on board

I think NCL needs a better system for the pre-concierge and luggage tags for suites. I called the pre-concierge 55 days prior to my sailing and was told that no one had put in for me to get the email or letter, so the person I made some reservations with did so. This should be an automatic for anyone staying in a suite; we shouldn't have to track them down to get the services of the pre-concierge.