What soda can I buy?

discraz

These threads are always fascinating to me... Personally, I really can't say I love soda so much that I have to have a certain brand like Coke or Pepsi, etc. I'm not putting anyone down for this, my question is do you really know the difference? To me cola is cola :D

Yes, to soda drinkers...we know the difference. :D I would love to see the Coke Zero onboard. That is really good diet soda. Most serious soda drinkers can tell you blindfolded if it is Coke, Pepsi, or other. :)

I would doubt it... most restaurants don't even serve that yet, and the cruiselines are generally WAY more limited than restaurants... They sell plenty without adding any of the gimmick drinks, so I can't see why they would do it... but who knows... I personally, could care less :p

I am a super picky soda drinker. I only like Classic Coke and I only like it in a can. The only diet soda I can drink is Diet Dr. Pepper. I was thrilled that the soda on the Legend came in a can. I recently tried the Coke Zero and it is definitely better than Diet Coke. My SIL said she read that Diet Coke is based on the formula from New Coke in the 80s, but Zero is based on the formula for Classic. For anyone who thinks there isn't a difference, try a Coke in Mexico or some of the islands. It is packaged the same, but it is much sweeter.

Tammy

I am a super picky soda drinker. I only like Classic Coke and I only like it in a can. The only diet soda I can drink is Diet Dr. Pepper. I was thrilled that the soda on the Legend came in a can. I recently tried the Coke Zero and it is definitely better than Diet Coke. My SIL said she read that Diet Coke is based on the formula from New Coke in the 80s, but Zero is based on the formula for Classic. For anyone who thinks there isn't a difference, try a Coke in Mexico or some of the islands. It is packaged the same, but it is much sweeter.

Tammy

As an employee of Coca Cola, I can tell you on "the islands" specifically in the Carribbean, that Coke is brought in from Miami. The islands are, for the most part, just distribution centers. As far as the taste difference in other countries, the only real difference is the water that is used to produce the finished product. Coca Cola sells its syrup only to independent bottlers to create what you drink.

Man I wish they carried Dr. Pepper. However I've learned my lesson from my last cruise. DH is addicted to Dr. Pepper. Didn't realize they didn't carry it on ship. So when we arrived in Jamaica he got our driver looking for a Dr. Pepper. He found one! We tipped him well. When we got to the Caymans we headed straight for the store to buy what else...Dr. pepper! We bought two six packs that I paid $5.00/ea for! I couldn't believe my DH was making me buy that of all things!

Oh well...that's his "drug of choice"....could be worse!

Tammy

This reminds me of a question I've had for a while. Does Carnival sell Coke products or some other brand (like Pepsi)? I really don't care myself, but my DW is a discerning cola drinker, and she would like to know.

As an employee of Coca Cola, I can tell you on "the islands" specifically in the Carribbean, that Coke is brought in from Miami. The islands are, for the most part, just distribution centers. As far as the taste difference in other countries, the only real difference is the water that is used to produce the finished product. Coca Cola sells its syrup only to independent bottlers to create what you drink.

This I'm curious about. Here in L.A. places like BevMo sell Mexican formula Coke alongside the American Coke. Mexican preferred by me and most people I know because they sweeten it with Sucrose (table sugar) instead of high fructose corn syrup. I can definately tell you they taste different, even in blind tase tests!

I'm bringing my favorite, Diet Vanilla Coke, on board the July 25 Triumph cruise with me. I can only drink Coke products from cans. The fountain stuff is never the right mixture of syrup and fizz!

Archived