Military Rates Dropped Again

tonyrobin

I called Carnival and the agent said that they could upgrade. Then my TA called and said that the person she spoke to at Carnival said no. She said to give her some more time and she would see what she could do. After I spoke to her, I called Carnival and spoke to another agent and she said that they could upgrade. I got her name and called and left and message for my TA and also gave her the agents name. Can you take you reservation from a TA and give it to Carnival?

What category were you booked at and what did the Carnival Rep say they could upgrade to? Seems like the TA's don't want to take the extra time, They don't loose any $ on our being upgraded, do they? I am beginning to see the real benefits of booking directly with a PVP at carnival. I learned my lesson this time. As far as changing once you are booked, I guess you could ask a CCL rep.

I was booked at a 4A for 4 people, 2 differant rooms, our children in the other one. But if I keep 1 inside room and get a balcony room then the price would be just under what I paid.

Good thinking...let me know how it works out for you.

Does this sound right? They would not drop the price on the inside room but they put our sons in a 4C to keep them on the same floor with us. Upgraded us to a 8A but we had to pay the difference which was about $190. What do you think?

Does this sound right? They would not drop the price on the inside room but they put our sons in a 4C to keep them on the same floor with us. Upgraded us to a 8A but we had to pay the difference which was about $190. What do you think?

They really could have worked around you being you booked two rooms.4-A to 4-C is not an upgrade as far as I am concerned. Bur keeping one 4-A and giving you a balcony would have been better, IMHO.

I got "upgraded" 4-A to 4-C, I would have preferred keeping my original room and getting onboard credit. I really think a PVP would work with you better. I have learned my lesson for the next cruise.

Found military rate special on ccl www site under news category.

Called, Got 8G extended balcony Cabin 7258 for $1696. 7 nights in Feb. 06

on Pride.

Had to fax them copy of hubby's DD214 that shows he was in military and left w/ honorable discharge. That is required proof.

I couldn't beat that price anywhere for Verandah deck etc.

Thats a really good price. Heres the deal with mine. We had 2 4A cabins. My TA was great. She got us upgraded from that to a 8D and a 4F for $193.10. Thats from the Riveria to the Lido. Wow, she's great.

We got upgraded from an interior to an ocean view (portholes) and one deck higher than we started with, when we booked, plus we got the military discount. So with port fees, taxes, and everything, we're paying $432.50 per person (the cruise cost was $259/pp after the discount). :eek:

That's for a 7-day Western Caribbean on the Elation. I'm pretty happy. We got the biggest military discount they were offering at the time, $200/pp off.

So for $865 all together, we're getting to take a lovely honeymoon/anniversary/first real vacation together.

THANK YOU, CARNIVAL!

After reading this thread, I contacted my PVP ( I have a new one, my old one quit) and my cruise just got $575 less!!! I got the military discount on our second cabin, because this offer includes retired military. Originally only active military got more than one room. Thanks again everyone who gives out information on this forum.. Also thanks to Carnival, because I didn't have to rebook, and I still have my two cabin together..

Archived