Foster's Beer on Carnival...price went up according to new bar menu

ready2cruzagain

Seen on Carnival's website the EA Sports Bar menu and the price of Foster's states that it is now $7.75 a can. So it went up a dollar. Guess I will have to rethink which beer is more bang for the buck now.:( I am assuming that the price increased on all ships in all bars or does someone know different?

Foster's use to be 27 cents an ounce, now it is 31 cents an ounce.

BOTTLED - IMPORTED

Foster’s Lager 750ml. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7.75

Here is a link to the new bar menu (Click on view EA Sports Bar menu):

http://www.carnival.com/onboard/bars-lounges/ea-sports-bar.aspx

Seen on Carnival's website the EA Sports Bar menu and the price of Foster's states that it is now $7.75 a can. So it went up a dollar. Guess I will have to rethink which beer is more bang for the buck now.:( I am assuming that the price increased on all ships in all bars or does someone know different?

Foster's use to be 27 cents an ounce, now it is 31 cents an ounce.

BOTTLED - IMPORTED

Foster’s Lager 750ml. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7.75

Here is a link to the new bar menu (Click on view EA Sports Bar menu):

http://www.carnival.com/onboard/bars-lounges/ea-sports-bar.aspx

Thanks for ruining my Monday!!! LOL:eek:

Hmmm, is this across all the bars at all the ships? Not that I liked Fosters all that much, but it did seem like a much better deal... Any idea if it's still more cost effective than other options?

That is what I was wondering if it is fleet wide or just on 2.0 ships.

Foster's is not the most cost effective now. At .31 an ounce now it is still cheaper than bud or bud light but it is now more than draft. A pitcher of bud light draft is $14.75 divided by 60 ounces and it is .249 an ounce. Thinking I will be doing the pitchers.

Also, now a Thirsty Red Frog draft is cheaper than a Fosters. TRF draft is .289 an ounce.

maybe it's just the ships with the 2.0 updates. I just got off the Legend last week and a Fosters was 7.74 INCLUDING tip. I think the price was 6.75. Thirsty frog is the best deal. They also had 2 for 1 Thirsty Frog drafts everyday from 12-3pm. So they were 6.61 including tip for TWO! 3.30 ea. not bad.

maybe it's just the ships with the 2.0 updates. I just got off the Legend last week and a Fosters was 7.74 INCLUDING tip. I think the price was 6.75. Thirsty frog is the best deal. They also had 2 for 1 Thirsty Frog drafts everyday from 12-3pm. So they were 6.61 including tip for TWO! 3.30 ea. not bad.

Hope they do this on the Conquest. Not bad at all. Been a long time since I seen Carnival run a special on beer except for the bucket and it use to be buy 4 get 1 free but now is $2 off.

Still waiting to see if it is Fleetwide or only on 2.0 ships that the Fosters went up. Really hoping they do the drink special on the Conquest this December.

Celebrity had great drink specials in the afternoon. Theirs was buy one Dos Equis, get one free from 4 - 6pm at the aft pool bar. Princess was not as good but was still better than the $2 off bucket that Carnival gives. Princess was buy 4 beers get the 5th free.

That is what I was wondering if it is fleet wide or just on 2.0 ships.

Foster's is not the most cost effective now. At .31 an ounce now it is still cheaper than bud or bud light but it is now more than draft. A pitcher of bud light draft is $14.75 divided by 60 ounces and it is .249 an ounce. Thinking I will be doing the pitchers.

Also, now a Thirsty Red Frog draft is cheaper than a Fosters. TRF draft is .289 an ounce.

I'm sorry, but your post made me laugh. You're really taking the time to figure out which beer is most "cost effective"????

Based on your math, if you drank 10 pitchers each day, the daily difference in price is, based on your price per ounce, is less than $4 per day. Drink what you like best. I'm guessing that four bucks really isn't going to make or break you! Bottoms up! :)

I'm sorry, but your post made me laugh. You're really taking the time to figure out which beer is most "cost effective"????

Based on your math, if you drank 10 pitchers each day, the daily difference in price is, based on your price per ounce, is less than $4 per day. Drink what you like best. I'm guessing that four bucks really isn't going to make or break you! Bottoms up! :)

Actually your calculations are wrong. If I were to drink an equivalent of 10 pitchers a day (600 ounces) Bud Light it would be a total of $149.50.

If I were to drink the equivalent in Foster's after the price increase it would be $186.

Therefore there is a $36 difference not a $4 difference.

Even if we only drank 5 pitchers in a day it would still be an $18 difference.

It is not the point of breaking me (if it were breaking me I would not be doing a b2b2b)...I am an organizer and like to calculate everything. Knowing what I am paying for something is what I like to do.

Actually your calculations are wrong. If I were to drink an equivalent of 10 pitchers a day (600 ounces) Bud Light it would be a total of $149.50.

If I were to drink the equivalent in Foster's after the price increase it would be $186.

Therefore there is a $36 difference not a $4 difference.

Even if we only drank 5 pitchers in a day it would still be an $18 difference.

It is not the point of breaking me (if it were breaking me I would not be doing a b2b2b)...I am an organizer and like to calculate everything. forKnowing what I am paying for something is what I like to do.

You are 100% right! I knew it was 3600 cents, but my brain said that's $3.60. I knew I shouldn't do math before the second cup of coffee! LOL.

I'm an organizer, too and might do the same calculations you did to determine cost, but I sure wouldn't let it influence my decision on what to drink. I'm a "round to the nearest $20" kind of guy and don't sweat the small numbers. I don't say that to sound like money doesn't matter because it certainly does! It's just how I chose to live!

You are 100% right! I knew it was 3600 cents, but my brain said that's $3.60. I knew I shouldn't do math before the second cup of coffee! LOL.

I'm an organizer, too and might do the same calculations you did to determine cost, but I sure wouldn't let it influence my decision on what to drink. I'm a "round to the nearest $20" kind of guy and don't sweat the small numbers. I don't say that to sound like money doesn't matter because it certainly does! It's just how I chose to live!

LOL...np. I guess I love to watch my money so I can go on b2b2b's lol.

It is not the point of breaking me (if it were breaking me I would not be doing a b2b2b)...I am an organizer and like to calculate everything. Knowing what I am paying for something is what I like to do.

I'm like ready2cruzagain. I like to calculate everything, probably because I'm an accountant and work with spreadsheets and numbers all day long. More importantly, I want to make sure I'm getting the most beer for my money!!:D

Archived