My review:Carnival Dream with an 8 mth old and group of 17. The good, bad, and ugly.

Mybearsbaby

My DH being superdad, and pushing both strollers. (Yes, we brought two strollers. It actually worked out great, because we folded up the big one and stored it in the closet while onboard and used the small umbrella stroller, then in 3 of the ports used the big jogging stroller off the ship to maneuver all different terrain.:

IMG_0413.jpg

A few of our crew: Sorry about the quality of this one. Mom bought the picture and I tried to snap a shot of it to put in my review, and it didn't work so well.:

cf4f32ca-6a3c-417b-a0bb-93b9e0622b51.jpg

All aboard!!

IMG_0419.jpg

Roll Tide!!!!

Wow! I can't believe how bold those women at the market were. We got "caught" the first time we visited Nassau (a man carved my son's name into a drum before we could stop him and you know the rest... luckily, we only paid $2 for the whole thing but still.). When we visited Nassau last year, some people tried to get over on us but we were wise to them this time around.

We visited Junakanoo beach the first time but DH & his cousin didn't like it because of the "rocky" (can't think of a better word to describe it) surf. I think that if we had taken water shoes then they would've enjoyed it more.

By the way, your little one is adorable.

Roll Tide!!!!

Lol! Yep. My Step Dad wore his Bama Shirt...funny thing is, we are a group divided...haha! Hubby and a few others are Bama fans too, but to that I must say War Eagle ;):p:D

Hubs keeps trying to convert me. In the past 9 years he has tried everything. Even bought me Alabama clothes as a "gift" :D

Thank you for writing a review of your trip. I am sailing the Dream soon. I sure hope we get a good wait staff, my friend traveling with us has never cruised before.

Looking forward to more....

Thank you! Someone commented on here and said you could request a certain person if you do ATD. Maybe you could request Adrian, Nino, or one of the others mentioned if you do. I hope you have a wonderful time!! Come back and let us know how your trip was. The Dream is a beautiful ship!

Wow! I can't believe how bold those women at the market were. We got "caught" the first time we visited Nassau (a man carved my son's name into a drum before we could stop him and you know the rest... luckily, we only paid $2 for the whole thing but still.). When we visited Nassau last year, some people tried to get over on us but we were wise to them this time around.

We visited Junakanoo beach the first time but DH & his cousin didn't like it because of the "rocky" (can't think of a better word to describe it) surf. I think that if we had taken water shoes then they would've enjoyed it more.

By the way, your little one is adorable.

Yes, I am ashamed to admit it but I have actually fell victim to the "Carve your name" trick too a couple years ago on an RCCL trip to Labadee. I must have "Sucker" written on my head. It was a pretty wooden box and I did like it. He said, " So what are your names?" And as soon as the words left my mouth he began carving...The ironic thing is now, it has such a funny story behind it that it is my favorite souvenir so I guess it all worked out. :D

At Junkanoo, we didn't notice the "rocky" part, but maybe it varies based on where you are along the beach? I had actually thought it would be rocky because of some pictures I had seen in another review, but in the review they were right beside Fat Tuesdays, and we were right beside the pier across from the lighthouse. There were bits of rocks and coral mixed in with the sand in the water though if that is what he meant. Water shoes are a big plus in my book! We always bring a pair because you never know.

And thank you! We love our little guy! He brightens our day and is such a blessing to us!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My husband ALWAYS falls for those so he's not allowed to carry our cash anymore on the islands- LOL! One time I caught him getting played with the whole necklace thing and I came up and said," NO! He doesn't want it!" And they continued to follow us and harrass my husband, saying things like," You are going to let her talk to you like that? That's how it is? You are going to let her stop you from helping the children!?" It was horrible.

My husband ALWAYS falls for those so he's not allowed to carry our cash anymore on the islands- LOL! One time I caught him getting played with the whole necklace thing and I came up and said," NO! He doesn't want it!" And they continued to follow us and harrass my husband, saying things like," You are going to let her talk to you like that? That's how it is? You are going to let her stop you from helping the children!?" It was horrible.

Yeah, maybe my DH should keep all the cash in port lol...

Wow...that is crazy! Sounds like they will say what they have to to get what they want.

1st Elegant Evening: Captain's Dinner:

After getting showered and dressed for the evening, we decided to get a few pictures made, then check out the family friendly comedy. While we were getting pictures done, we met Amy, one of the Entertainment Staff. She was doing interviews for the Cruise video, and she fell in love with Baby E. She asked us if she could interview us, and we said "sure!". Baby E kept trying to grab and eat the microphone, lol! (He is teething...he actually cut his first tooth right before the cruise, one while we were sailing, and I just noticed another that broke through today.):eek:

d9e16c0d-ddf5-4c87-aed6-67cedb558df5.jpg

When we arrived at the comedy show, Jeff the Fun Dude was doing an opening. I have to say, I found his choice of topic to be slightly inappropriate. He was poking fun pretty hard at the wait staff and room stewards. While he was funny and I am certain meant no harm, if I was one of the waiters/bartenders in the room, it would have made me a little uncomfortable.

Next up was the comedian, Donnell Keith Grey. He was pretty funny, and we had a great time! Baby E got kind of fussy towards the end, so we got up and were going to leave. He seemed content for us to walk around the back with him, so we were able to hear the rest of the show from the back.

IMG_0688.jpg

After the show, it was time for dinner. We walked downstairs and joined the rest of our group. This would be the only night that all 17 of us would eat in the Dining Room. After this night, due to the service issues I have already mentioned earlier in the review(since I have already yammered on about that earlier, I wont rehash it now), many of our group chose to eat on Lido the rest of the week, though I did manage to convince most of them to come back the last night.

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

Everyone looked beautiful/handsome, and the food was yummy! I was so excited to get my hands on some Prime Rib and Lobster! And I think this was Strawberry Bisque Night...I can't remember for certain. I am kicking myself for not getting copies of the menus. I do know we had a different bisque about every night.

*I love most all the Bisque Soups...Strawberry, Lobster, Mango...love, love, love!! I also had a pumpkin soup one night that was divine!

Tina brought DH and I a piece of cake and sang "Happy Anniversary" to us during dessert. Our Anniversary is in two weeks and DH's bday was a few days before the cruise, so this trip we celebrated both.

IMG_0694.jpg

After dinner we all went down to get a group photo made. (All but one of us. Our song leader decided to go on to bed.) We had a picture done on the atrium staircase, then the two older women went on to bed. The rest of us hung around and got pictures at the other backgrounds. We had a lot of fun with it...silly poses, serious poses, we did it all...lots of laughs :D.

P1010439.jpg

There was a couple doing a duet in the atrium, so DH and I shared a slow dance. My sister danced with Baby E, and he fell asleep. It was so cute!!

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

A shot of the atrium I took that night:

IMG_0703-1.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

After dancing, we decided it was time to take Baby E to bed. The rest of the gang went to play putt putt. They said they had a blast!

Upon entering our room we were greeted with a cute towel animal, Fun Times, and 3 chocolates on our turned-down-and-ready bed. AHH...I love it! That little touch always makes me feel special. I hope they never change this part of the cruise experience...cuz this girl would miss it!

IMG_0705.jpg

Best Dressed 2013! :D

This is SO PRECIOUS!!!!

Awe thank you both!! I absolutely loved this outfit! I ordered it on Amazon right before we left, hoping it would be as cute as the picture, and it was.

He is my lil heartbreaker ;)

Lol! Yep. My Step Dad wore his Bama Shirt...funny thing is, we are a group divided...haha! Hubby and a few others are Bama fans too, but to that I must say War Eagle ;):p:D

Hubs keeps trying to convert me. In the past 9 years he has tried everything. Even bought me Alabama clothes as a "gift" :D

Thank you! Someone commented on here and said you could request a certain person if you do ATD. Maybe you could request Adrian, Nino, or one of the others mentioned if you do. I hope you have a wonderful time!! Come back and let us know how your trip was. The Dream is a beautiful ship!

Yes, I am ashamed to admit it but I have actually fell victim to the "Carve your name" trick too a couple years ago on an RCCL trip to Labadee. I must have "Sucker" written on my head. It was a pretty wooden box and I did like it. He said, " So what are your names?" And as soon as the words left my mouth he began carving...The ironic thing is now, it has such a funny story behind it that it is my favorite souvenir so I guess it all worked out. :D

At Junkanoo, we didn't notice the "rocky" part, but maybe it varies based on where you are along the beach? I had actually thought it would be rocky because of some pictures I had seen in another review, but in the review they were right beside Fat Tuesdays, and we were right beside the pier across from the lighthouse. There were bits of rocks and coral mixed in with the sand in the water though if that is what he meant. Water shoes are a big plus in my book! We always bring a pair because you never know.

And thank you! We love our little guy! He brightens our day and is such a blessing to us!

War Eagle girl!! Loved your review too. My husband is a big Bama fan and my whole family is for Auburn. We only live about 20 miles north of Auburn and I work in Opelika right next door! Plus, we carry our camper down to all the home games and tailgate there. My husband has a ball but we just can't convert him either!!

I forgot to mention, before we went to Deck 9, I had my usual breakfast-in-bed. It is a cruise tradition for me to order Room Service for breakfast. I always get some coffee, fruit, and some of those yummy Danish goodies! My favorite are the ones with the custard type filling. The times that we have had a balcony in the past, I will go out and sit with my breakfast and watch the waves go by. Pure heaven!

DW also has a tradition of having breakfast in bed when on a cruise. However, she never orders from room service. I am an early riser, and go up to Lido and will drink coffee and let her sleep. Normally around 8 am I will get her some toast, bacon, and coffee and take to the room. I'll knock on the door and say Room Service, and seems as if someone is always walking by and will comment. Now, I must add that I do receive very nice tips for this.:D

War Eagle girl!! Loved your review too. My husband is a big Bama fan and my whole family is for Auburn. We only live about 20 miles north of Auburn and I work in Opelika right next door! Plus, we carry our camper down to all the home games and tailgate there. My husband has a ball but we just can't convert him either!!

Poor fellas...maybe some day they will see the light and come to our side lol ;) I have family that lives in Opelika! Small world!

I forgot to mention, before we went to Deck 9, I had my usual breakfast-in-bed. It is a cruise tradition for me to order Room Service for breakfast. I always get some coffee, fruit, and some of those yummy Danish goodies! My favorite are the ones with the custard type filling. The times that we have had a balcony in the past, I will go out and sit with my breakfast and watch the waves go by. Pure heaven!

DW also has a tradition of having breakfast in bed when on a cruise. However, she never orders from room service. I am an early riser, and go up to Lido and will drink coffee and let her sleep. Normally around 8 am I will get her some toast, bacon, and coffee and take to the room. I'll knock on the door and say Room Service, and seems as if someone is always walking by and will comment. Now, I must add that I do receive very nice tips for this.:D

Lol this made me smile :D. Hubby has done that for me a few times, but usually "Early Riser" he is not.

He does though, even at home, make my coffee for me just the way I like it and bring it to me. Then he goes back to sleep if it is his off day. On cruises, he answers the knock at the door, then fixes my coffee, brings it to me and climbs back into bed. Sounds like me and your wife are both spoiled. :D:cool:...I'd say it sounds like both yalls tips are earned.

Hey, Cruiser1959, my home town is Lanett, but I now live in Montgomery. We also RV tailgate at all the Auburn games. We are booked on the Dream for May 4, 2013. Sailed on her 2 or 3 years ago and had a ball. We are trying a cove this trip. Sounds like a blast.

Not trying to be rude, but what religion is your mom...is she SDA (Seventh-day Adventist)? Just curious because you mentioned that she didn't drink. Glad she was able to get the fridge issue taken care of. After reading several reviews, I think the problem is just some of the stewards just don't care. I'm sure they're tired, worn out from the travelers, and although it's not an excuse, just think of some of the people they've had to deal with. However, no excuse for poor customer service. If you don't want to deal with customer, then get out of the customer service industry!

By the way, thanks for posting your review and sharing it with us. I look forward to reading more about your trip and seeing the pictures. Your baby is just too precious.

Day 4: Day at Sea

The morning started with my usual room service and balcony time while DH and baby E caught a few moze ZZZ's. Then they got up and dressed, and we headed towards Lido so that they could get a bite to eat. (Baby E still drinks baby formula and eats baby food, but there are a few items he can have now off the buffet and at dinner in small amounts.)

At 11:45, I went to the shopping talk in Encore. I usually go because in the past we have always gotten some great coupons, as well as vouchers for some awesome free stuff! To my dismay, they have done away with most of this, instead offering a coupon book you can BUY for $25! The shopping lady talked about how you could use this in every port in the Caribbean and in Alaska...and how it was such a great deal.:rolleyes: (They also do this on RCCL, and I have one. When I bought mine there, I noticed that the coupons were all set to expire one month after purchase. I has asked about it and was told that they would still honor them in the ports, and they didn't actually expire. Said that the date was just there so they knew when to order the next edition or something like that. I tried to use them a few months later on another cruise and was turned down...grr! I opted not to buy one on this cruise, and am glad I didn't because I ran into several angry people in line to talk to the shopping lady because their books also had an expiration date that was very close...Dec I think. )

Oh well...I still got my paper for a free Diamonds International charm, and that was the main thing I wanted, so I still left a happy camper. :D

I know it may sound corny, but I like collecting stuff like that.

Upon stopping back by the room, we were met with a very nice surprise. John Heald had sent us some gifts.

*I had written him a while back, and he and I had been talking back and forth on facebook. I was asking him what he thought of the coves, and

was talking to him about cruising with my teething baby ;). He is very nice, and super funny! He had asked for our cabin number before we left. I told him, and also told him I would "take his picture" on vacation with us. (I will explain later in the review...it is quite hilarious).

Anyways, he had arranged to have a few goodies sent to our cabin. We got a very nice note from our cruise director, James Charlton, as well as

some strawberries, a bottle of champagne (we don't drink, but I thought it was a very nice and thoughtful sentiment, and we kept it just as a souvenir), two cruise ship medals, and a ship-on-a-stick (I had told him we try to get one from each ship, so I guess he remembered). With all that he has going on, I thought it was super nice of him to do that for us. I honestly don't know how he does it all.

We decided to check out the art auction. I have never been to an auction before, so off we went. We walked around looking at all the lovely art, put stickers on a few, and found a seat. Right before the actual auction began though, Baby E decided that he had seen enough and started fussing. So, we made our apologies to the staff and took him out. Maybe next time, lol!! He apparently just wanted to walk around, because after we left, he was fine...little turkey ;) The staff did give us a free work of art though...a pretty picture of a ballerina. I took ballet and dance classes as a child, so I really liked it.

At 2:30, we went to "Amy's Secret Dance Class", and I learned the secret dance. DH and baby E got a small bit of food from the Ocean Plaza BBQ. I had part of a quesadilla, and it was good!

3:00 was the Great Dream Hunt. If there is one thing I love, it is a scavenger hunt. We didn't know how it would work since we had baby E and an umbrella stroller this time, but we managed...and we won!! WHOOP WHOOP! :D. We had to find some pretty crazy things in this one, such as 5 different people's flip flops, a person wearing dentures, a man in a bikini, etc...But we did. We got one of my swimsuits and DH put it on

over his clothes. It was kind of awkward walking around asking people if they wore dentures. Haha!