Requesting table for 2 during anytime dining...

Smilin'Wave

Forgive me if this question has been asked before. I did a search but couldn't find an answer, maybe it's because I'm using an app.

My husband & I have booked a 5 day Caribbean cruise on the Paradise. We originally booked the early dining option but are now considering the anytime dining. We prefer to have a table for 2 & were wondering if this is something that can be arranged? We don't mind waiting for a bit to have our requested table.

Our first ever cruise was on the Sensation & we had the early seating with others. We enjoyed it but our most recent cruise was on NCL Breakaway where we were able to request a table for 2 & were not so restricted with timing. Although we did have great table mates on our Carnival cruise & enjoyed our meals with them, we prefer the NCL freestyle dining & were hoping for the same on our upcoming Carnival cruise.

Thanks!

Forgive me if this question has been asked before. I did a search but couldn't find an answer' date=' maybe it's because I'm using an app.

My husband & I have booked a 5 day Caribbean cruise on the Paradise. We originally booked the early dining option but are now considering the anytime dining. We prefer to have a table for 2 & were wondering if this is something that can be arranged? We don't mind waiting for a bit to have our requested table.

Our first ever cruise was on the Sensation & we had the early seating with others. We enjoyed it but our most recent cruise was on NCL Breakaway where we were able to request a table for 2 & were not so restricted with timing. Although we did have great table mates on our Carnival cruise & enjoyed our meals with them, we prefer the NCL freestyle dining & were hoping for the same on our upcoming Carnival cruise.

Thanks![/quote']

Yes, you can get a table just for two, and you won't necessarily have to wait. That has to do with time and the current situation. In other words, if you have to wait (we have never waited longer then about 15 minutes max), it will not be because you wanted a table for two.

But one caveat - don't expect to get a "private" table for two. There are a some of those around, but there are also rows of tables for two that are only about 12-15 inches apart. Still your own table, and you still have you own bread basket, etc., but they are close.

We have ALWAYS had a table for two -- whether Traditional Dining or ATD. If traditional, ck in with Maitre 'D early; if anytime -- no problem. Yes, tables are close but it is your own table. You can talk to folks nearby or not. Up to you. Never had a problem with this and -- yes, it's VERY important to us. We're Platinum, so a lot of cruises under our belt.

We always request a table for 2, as well as a window table. The window request always adds a bit more time to our wait, but never more than 30 minutes total, even on the busiest nights. If we like our service team on the first night, we will request them for the rest of the cruise. After the 2nd night, it was part of our information when we checked in.

On our first Carnival cruise last month I was wondering the same thing .. and this was one of the best we have ever had. Ask for a booth ... so you wont be at one of those tiny tables .. and we went between 5 45 and 6 15 and never had to wait. I really mean never..This is the best way to go if you like to eat just with each other.

On embarkation day as we're wandering around the ship, we cruise the dining room (we always choose any time dining) and pick out a table or two that we'd like (the wife likes to sit near the windows....). When we show up for dinner, we ask the hostess for that table (they each have a table number on them when they're set up). We've never had to wait very long - and if you go about the same time every evening, the hostess will often recognize you and keep that table open at the time you'll be coming in. Makes it nice to have the same wait staff every evening, as you'll get better service.

On embarkation day as we're wandering around the ship, we cruise the dining room (we always choose any time dining) and pick out a table or two that we'd like (the wife likes to sit near the windows....). When we show up for dinner, we ask the hostess for that table (they each have a table number on them when they're set up). We've never had to wait very long - and if you go about the same time every evening, the hostess will often recognize you and keep that table open at the time you'll be coming in. Makes it nice to have the same wait staff every evening, as you'll get better service.

That's a good idea, to scope out the tables early in the day! Thanks for the tip.

On our first Carnival cruise last month I was wondering the same thing .. and this was one of the best we have ever had. Ask for a booth ... so you wont be at one of those tiny tables .. and we went between 5 45 and 6 15 and never had to wait. I really mean never..This is the best way to go if you like to eat just with each other.

They have booths in the dining room??? Are they actually considered a table for two? Do all ships have them? :confused:

Great idea! :D

Forgive me if this question has been asked before. I did a search but couldn't find an answer' date=' maybe it's because I'm using an app.

Thanks![/quote']

It is not a problem to get a table for 2 in ATD, but the tables are so close together, you might as well be dining at a table with others. There isn't much privacy to it. If you want to request ATD I wouldn't delay in requesting it. ATD usually fills up first.

Have a great cruise!

We too prefer a table for two while doing ATD. Are booths actually available for such, particularly on Freedom? Tables that are 6 to 8 inches apart are not something we would look forward to... Yikes!

Happy Cruisin'

It is not a problem to get a table for 2 in ATD, but the tables are so close together, you might as well be dining at a table with others. There isn't much privacy to it. If you want to request ATD I wouldn't delay in requesting it. ATD usually fills up first.

Have a great cruise!

That's why we wander the dining room mid-afternoon of embarkation looking at the tables, where they are, how they're set up, etc. By doing so, you can find what you'd like, note the table number, and request it...every night....

On a 15 night cruise to Hawaii and back from San Diego my wife and I had ATD and we asked for a table for two on the first night. We loved our wait staff and asked for the same table (and staff) for the rest of the nights and we only had to wait for about 20 minutes on one of the nights. Just enough time to enjoy a Gin and Tonic.

Edited by Cushing985