Are there any snorkeling/beach tours that will let you bring children?

LeslieRN72

We are going on RCI Enchantment in October.

We are avid snorkelers and our son will be 16 months old by then.

I already have Cozumel covered as far as snorkeling goes. We're just going to get a taxi and go to the Coral Princess Hotel and spend the day there snorkeling. No problem.

Belize is where I am running into problems finding things to do. I would love to think we could take our son along throw him in a floatie and just drag him along with us as we snorkel. Then we could go up on a beach and take breaks. I already know the answer--but I figured I would let you guys humor me anyhow. :) I guess they can't allow children for insurance and safety purposes. Cave tubing is out. We hate shopping. Zoo-I don't think so.

Our son is extremely adaptable and just an easy child to take anywhere. We have had him in our ski boat since he was 4 weeks old in 90 degree weather for full 8 hour days with no problems.

Got any other ideas for an active young couple with a child who can handle a full day of sun, fun, and activity?

Thank-you in advance,

Leslie

I don't know about RCI's excursions, but we took the Goff's Caye excursion with Carnival, and I saw plenty of children. You can snorkel over the reef, but I seriously doubt you could put your child in a floatie there. Better for you would be to stay on Goff's when they drop off passengers. Snorkeling is OK from shore, and the water stays very shallow for a good ways.

Thank-you for the info!

I did look at the excursions for Belize on the RCI website. They have a "Barrier Reef Snorkel and Beach at Rendezvous Cay" that is 3 1/2 hours.

It's a catamaran ride, snorkeling, beach. It's not real clear as to whether or not they stop along the way to snorkel or just go off the beach.

It doesn't have an age restriction either like some of the other excursions do. Even if the water isn't the best for Alex to be in, my husband and I can/will take turns snorkeling. Most snorkeling has been a letdown ever since Hawaii anyhow. It's just a good excuse for us to get out on the ocean and in the water (we're not much for just laying on the beach-we prefer to be in the water or on a boat).

Thank-you!

Leslie

PS Thank-you for not "flaming" me about bringing our son on my first post.:) I was rather hesitant about posting after reading the forum for quite sometime. I didn't realize the hostility that was out there until reading this forum. It's nothing like the ski-boating/wake-boarding forums we get on which are very family friendly. I can understand in the sense that I am annoyed by people who don't control their children. But I am equally annoyed by obnoxious drunks.

Archived