Where can I store my luggage ??

FloridaLaura

We return to San Juan from our cruise at 7am on a Sunday Hoping to get off ship around 11am and sight see until my flight at 8pm. Any ideas where we can store 8 peoples luggage??

Perhaps pay the $20 pp Luggage Express charge....where they take it the night before and you see it again at your home airport.

We return to San Juan from our cruise at 7am on a Sunday Hoping to get off ship around 11am and sight see until my flight at 8pm. Any ideas where we can store 8 peoples luggage??

I doubt you will be able to stay on the ship until 11:00. We tried once to stay until like 9:00 - 9:30 and they wouldn't let us. They start letting on the next cruisers around 11:00.

I doubt you will be able to stay on the ship until 11:00. We tried once to stay until like 9:00 - 9:30 and they wouldn't let us. They start letting on the next cruisers around 11:00.

Darn :( guess we will have to leave when they kick us out lol

We just sailed the Valor Oct 6-13. I don't recall getting any info regarding the luggage express service, but perhaps that's because when we gave them our travel info they knew we didn't fly out until Monday morning? I'm not sure...but I don't recall seeing anything about it.

I have also read, I think on Barrachina's website, that they do free luggage storage. It was something we were going to utilize, as we did go to Barrachina for pina coladas. However, they are a bit of a walk from the cruise port, and if you get rain like we did, you won't be happy lugging your luggage all the way to Barrachina's, especially dragging it on the cobblestone streets. Hubby and I each had a large suitcase that weighed around 50 pounds, a carry on suitcase (both suitcases had wheels), plus he had a backpack and a shopping bag and I had another larger shoulder bag and my purse.

We stored our luggage right across the street from the pier at a restaurant called Aloha. They charged $3 per bag. It literally sat in their dining room, which left me very nervous, but everything was there and nothing was touched while we were out and about in the rain in Old San Juan. We left the 4 suitcases and my shoulder bag and paid $15. TOTALLY worth it in my opinion for the location and the fact that it was raining pretty hard for a bit that afternoon.

One other idea is looking into some of the excursions offered; I think I recall seeing that there are several excursion options that include said tour with luggage storage while on the tour, and then it ends with transportation to the airport...might have options for the rainforest and the forts if I remember correctly.

We were in debarkation zone #22, which didn't depart the ship until 10:50- 11 am. We were out of our room by 8:30 or 9 am and then had breakfast on the Lido deck, found a couple lounge chairs and napped until they called our number. By the time we actually got off the ship, got our luggage and got through customs it was probably noon.

Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...
We just sailed the Valor Oct 6-13. I don't recall getting any info regarding the luggage express service, but perhaps that's because when we gave them our travel info they knew we didn't fly out until Monday morning? I'm not sure...but I don't recall seeing anything about it.

I have also read, I think on Barrachina's website, that they do free luggage storage. It was something we were going to utilize, as we did go to Barrachina for pina coladas. However, they are a bit of a walk from the cruise port, and if you get rain like we did, you won't be happy lugging your luggage all the way to Barrachina's, especially dragging it on the cobblestone streets. Hubby and I each had a large suitcase that weighed around 50 pounds, a carry on suitcase (both suitcases had wheels), plus he had a backpack and a shopping bag and I had another larger shoulder bag and my purse.

We stored our luggage right across the street from the pier at a restaurant called Aloha. They charged $3 per bag. It literally sat in their dining room, which left me very nervous, but everything was there and nothing was touched while we were out and about in the rain in Old San Juan. We left the 4 suitcases and my shoulder bag and paid $15. TOTALLY worth it in my opinion for the location and the fact that it was raining pretty hard for a bit that afternoon.

One other idea is looking into some of the excursions offered; I think I recall seeing that there are several excursion options that include said tour with luggage storage while on the tour, and then it ends with transportation to the airport...might have options for the rainforest and the forts if I remember correctly.

We were in debarkation zone #22, which didn't depart the ship until 10:50- 11 am. We were out of our room by 8:30 or 9 am and then had breakfast on the Lido deck, found a couple lounge chairs and napped until they called our number. By the time we actually got off the ship, got our luggage and got through customs it was probably noon.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much! A excursion sounds perfect to the rainforest! Off to find some tour operator recommendations!

Last week carnival told me express luggage service only available in Miami

Not in San Juan. Aloha said they did not know why people thought they kept luggage and seemed angry and aggravated ( security at port us to go there) some found hotels to store luggage.

Was this after Oct 13 that they said they didn't store luggaga at Aloha? That's where we stored it on Oct 13. They had a clear sign out front offering luggage storage, and they were right across from the port.

• 2 weeks later...