Rome Cabs transfer question

CruisemanBC

• 4 weeks later...

The times when we got what we paid for, we didn't tip. When the driver dus more then usual, we gave a couple of euro's tip. For exemple last time in Rome we asked the driver to make a stop at a metro station to buy our 3-day passes. He not only pointed out where the machine was, but walked along and helped. Great guy so that was worth a tip.

If you don't mind me asking, what percentage did any of you tip for Rome Cabs? I never know if I am tipping too much or too little for transportation in Italy!

Seriously Rome cabs deserve a little extra as they are superior even if they don't do anything other than meet you help you with luggage and safely get you to the hotel or port

We always hand over about 7 to 10 euro extra for our van ride for our family of 6. That comes to 12 to 15 dollars. A drop in the bucket.

You probably give the port or airport porter as much over the course of your trip

I do not overtip in Europe especially Italy as it is in poor taste and not expected but Rome cabs is just different. I even gave stefano the owner a bit of a tip for taking us on his Etruscan tour.

Again tipping Rome cabs is just an easy decision IMHO.

If you don't mind me asking, what percentage did any of you tip for Rome Cabs? I never know if I am tipping too much or too little for transportation in Italy!

I believe we rounded up from the fare. I did read that tipping is frowned upon in Italy but we forgot and I think we tipped in restaurants. Oops. It is so engrained in us. Wish I were in Rome right now. Sigh.

That reminds me: the guy we tipped was not from Rome Cabs. We tried to book Rome Cabs but it was August (vacation time for the Romans). So we booked through clickairporttransfer and met this great driver. Better than Rome Cabs and cheaper