Child Care on NCL Breakaway

Nikkimouse76

Hello All,

My family and I (3 children ages 7, 5, and 4) will be setting sail on the Norwegian Breakaway on Dec 1. My husband and I have not cruised since we were young and carefree, you know, the times where we did not even consider child care :). I am curious about the child care program on board, "The Splash Academy". Does anyone have any opinions, and or tips they care to share? Does the staff in the academy go through any type of background check? Should we tip the staff at the end of the week? Do I need to make reservations? This will be my 6th or 7th cruise, however the last cruise I set sail on was in 2005, and cruising back then was much different than it is now, at least from what I have read. I look forward to your responses!

Thanks so much in advance.

Ahhh thanks for posting my review. To address the specific questions - tipping is personal but yes, we do. If everyone else is tipping people who carry a bag for 13 seconds then I will also tip people who entertain my children for the week :)

You don't reserve time. You simply show up.

Unless its a late night time (after 10:30) you can sign up for that the day of. But you don't even really need to do that - if your child is still there at 10:30 they are in.

Background checks - yes, they all do.

Anything else, let me know

Archived