Beach within walking distance of port

topaz123

Arriving on Freedom in Key West, is there a public beach within walking distance from the port? How far?:)

I think any healthy person would walk to Fort Zachary Taylor ---> http://www.fortzacharytaylor.com/home.html

Walk off the docks keeping the big, red brick building on your left (the Customem's House. Pick up the beginning of Whitehead. Then on Whitehead 4 blocks to Southard Street. Turn left on Southard, continue through the entrance to the Truman Annex residential neighborhood. At the end of Southard turn left, following the signs to the park entrance.

Pjk

Some great options...will definitely check it out...I know it sounds kinda looney, but me and da wife like to check out second hand stores...we found a SALVATION ARMY store on FLAGLER...so looks like it's second hand goodies and then the beach. Great help..thanks!!:)

Some great options...will definitely check it out...I know it sounds kinda looney, but me and da wife like to check out second hand stores...we found a SALVATION ARMY store on FLAGLER...so looks like it's second hand goodies and then the beach. Great help..thanks!!:)

There is also a thrift shop at Saint Peters on Center Street between Olivia and Petronia if you want to check out something in Old Town. This would be walkable from the ship.

After, if you don't want to walk all the way to Fort Zachary, you can continue down Duval to The Southernmost Point area where you can go to South Beach, which is a small public beach at the end of Duval. You can rent chairs for $5 and have drinks from Southernmost Cafe.

I think any healthy person would walk to Fort Zachary Taylor ---> http://www.fortzacharytaylor.com/home.html

Walk off the docks keeping the big, red brick building on your left (the Customem's House. Pick up the beginning of Whitehead. Then on Whitehead 4 blocks to Southard Street. Turn left on Southard, continue through the entrance to the Truman Annex residential neighborhood. At the end of Southard turn left, following the signs to the park entrance.

Pjk

Just to clarify this post, if you are coming from the docks, you turn right onto Southard from Whitehead, not left to get to Fort Zachary.

Archived