Getting passport stamped

shaheed5

Hello.is it possible to have my passport stamped during each port visit ? I would love to do so.thanks for any feedback...will be cruising the summit on nov.16th

Sent from my LG-MS870 using Forums mobile app

We cruised NCL Jewel 10/13-20/13. We were able to have our passports stamped in Cozumel, Belize and Honduras. They were little independent huts and usually asked for a donation to stamp your passports.

We cruised NCL Jewel 10/13-20/13. We were able to have our passports stamped in Cozumel, Belize and Honduras. They were little independent huts and usually asked for a donation to stamp your passports.

Of course they are not official government stamps but you are helping someone make money by having they put a fake stamp in your passport.

Of course they are not official government stamps but you are helping someone make money by having they put a fake stamp in your passport.

We got our stamped at Machu Picchu but be advised that American passports are supposed to be stamped only by authorized officials. I wonder what would happen if a customs agent in a bad mood noticed fake stamps.

In my experience, most of the time the ship keeps all passports so that they can have them available when customs officials come on board. We did keep our passports on recent Stockholm to Copenhagen trip as we were in Russia for three days. They are serious there about having your passport available at all times.

I would not let anyone who is not a government port of entry official stamp anything in my passport. Ran into a really grumpy immigration official in Chicago and he went over almost every stamp!!

Don't understand why people want there passport messed up with a bunch of souvenir stamps that are not official.

If the person that stamps your passport is not in a government office, has a uniform that identifies him as a government employee or requests money to provide the stamp. It is not a entry stamp. Collect the stamped pennies instead.

Hi DCP,

As I stated, we have always been asked to give our passports upon checking in on the ship. How else would govt officials be able to check who is on board? We have cruised in Europe several (10) times on both river and ocean cruises. It is normally up to the ship admin to show who is on board and that the appropriate docs are presented. Also, some countries require certain vaccinations before allowing folks off of the ship and those cards are included with the passport We cruise on Regent and Seabourn.

...we have always been asked to give our passports upon checking in on the ship

Our passports stayed in our possession when we have cruised, never had to give them to any authority on the ship. Is this something that is done on European cruises?

yes

This puzzles me. I've been on several European cruises, two within the last two years, and have never had to give up my passport. I can't figure out why some people say it happens most of the time, while my experience is that it hasn't happened to me even once. :confused:

I've had to show my passport when checking in, but never had to give it up.

Edited by fortinweb

This puzzles me. I've been on several European cruises, two within the last two years, and have never had to give up my passport. I can't figure out why some people say it happens most of the time, while my experience is that it hasn't happened to me even once. :confused:

I've had to show my passport when checking in, but never had to give it up.

Depends where you go. Turkey for one. Any country out side the Schengen Area?

Edited by Donray