Ecstacy entertainment and anything else Ecstacy

matondo

Leaving on the Ecstacy on Saturday, November 9. I have been gleaning information from this site, the Carnival website and any other place I can find on the web. Bottom line there is not a lot of information out there.

This is going to be my FIRST cruise ever on Carnival and my inquiring mind would love to know any information you could supply. What entertainment is there onboard, are there specialty restaurants, something I need to eat or drink that is really special, something I should NOT eat, drink or do while onboard.

Thank you in advance for any information you can supply.

Last time I sailed "Ecstasy", not long ago, (GREAT little ship, by the way. You're gonna have FUN, FUN, FUN!) the entertainment was two "big shows", "The Brits", music from the British Invasion, which is a very good show, and "Motor City", all Mo-Town music, and once again a fun, good show. They offered Hasbro, the Game Show, which I don't really care for too much, and The Game of Love, which was a fun presentation to watch. Also, they had two different comics, doing two different shows, an early "family friendly" show, and a Late "anything goes" show. Both were good. At that time it was "Eddie Clark, and Johnny Millwater".

Be sure to have the "Chocolate Melting Cake", with two ice creams if you're a "chocoholic". It's OUTSTANDING!

Have a GREAT time aboard one of my favorite ships, the "Ecstasy". Tell us all about your cruise, when you return!

"SKY"

I did a 5 day/7 day back2back on Ecstasy in Sept-Oct 2011 when her home port was New Orleans.

Food: I only ate in the buffet and while I didn't go hungry there was a much more limited selection compared to my other cruises before and since. (On my recent Miracle cruise there were a crazy number of selections at the buffet.) People have pointed out to me that I didn't rave about the food on this cruise, but i do recall the Virginia Ham one evening was very good.

Cabin: I was on Empress deck, cabin E189. Great location, very quiet. (I like using the stairs to work off the extra calories and didn't use the elevators til the last day.) Cabin steward wasn't super friendly but did fine keeping the cabin clean. There was a problem with the remote for the tv that he didn't fix for 2-3 days.

Entertainment: I went to one show the entire 12 days. I don't remember it at all now, but recall enjoying it. My first cruise had a very talented magician and Jennifer Hudson (pre-American Idol) was one of the singers, so for me it is hard to compete with those.

Overall this ship was very clean and the staff friendly enough and I'd definitely board her again if the price and ports were right.

Last time I sailed "Ecstasy", not long ago, (GREAT little ship, by the way. You're gonna have FUN, FUN, FUN!) the entertainment was two "big shows", "The Brits", music from the British Invasion, which is a very good show, and "Motor City", all Mo-Town music, and once again a fun, good show. They offered Hasbro, the Game Show, which I don't really care for too much, and The Game of Love, which was a fun presentation to watch. Also, they had two different comics, doing two different shows, an early "family friendly" show, and a Late "anything goes" show. Both were good. At that time it was "Eddie Clark, and Johnny Millwater".

Be sure to have the "Chocolate Melting Cake", with two ice creams if you're a "chocoholic". It's OUTSTANDING!

Have a GREAT time aboard one of my favorite ships, the "Ecstasy". Tell us all about your cruise, when you return!

"SKY"

Thank you Skymaster. I am getting really excited.

People on this site write such epic reviews I am a bit intimidated but I will try to do something even if it has no pictures.

We also had a great time on ecstasy! If you're interested my review is below. :)

Believe it or not I have already read your review and I am reading it again!!!! Looks like you spent a lot of time on it. I appreciate the pictures.

I did a 5 day/7 day back2back on Ecstasy in Sept-Oct 2011 when her home port was New Orleans.

Food: I only ate in the buffet and while I didn't go hungry there was a much more limited selection compared to my other cruises before and since. (On my recent Miracle cruise there were a crazy number of selections at the buffet.) People have pointed out to me that I didn't rave about the food on this cruise' date=' but i do recall the Virginia Ham one evening was very good.

Cabin: I was on Empress deck, cabin E189. Great location, very quiet. (I like using the stairs to work off the extra calories and didn't use the elevators til the last day.) Cabin steward wasn't super friendly but did fine keeping the cabin clean. There was a problem with the remote for the tv that he didn't fix for 2-3 days.

Entertainment: I went to one show the entire 12 days. I don't remember it at all now, but recall enjoying it. My first cruise had a very talented magician and Jennifer Hudson (pre-American Idol) was one of the singers, so for me it is hard to compete with those.

Overall this ship was very clean and the staff friendly enough and I'd definitely board her again if the price and ports were right.[/quote']

I am hoping to do the stairs as much as possible so I can enjoy the warm chocolate melting cake without too much guilt.

One of the biggest sellers of this cruise for me was Half Moon Cay. I have been there three other times and that place is a paradise!! SIGH:D

Archived