Justifying the Cheers! program

brentconn

My plan is to get the program the second day of my upcoming 7-day cruise....which would make it about $300 or so for the week, which I'm fine with. A few drinks in the morning, a few in the afternoon, some with dinner and some at night shouldn't be a problem. (I'm young-ish. :cool: )

I do believe that if you get Cheers on the second day you still have to pay for the first day.

Edit: should have PP quotes up top

Edited by Samm116

When you have a gin tonic does the tonic count as part of the 15 a day limit.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Forums mobile app

No, that would be 1 drink.

Another thing to consider is the HMC day (if you have one). Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Cheers program works in HMC as well I beleive. It did on RCI, so we easily had 6 or 7 beers sitting out at the beach!! Nice to be able to use it on a port day (so to speak).

Another thing to consider is the HMC day (if you have one). Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Cheers program works in HMC as well I beleive. It did on RCI, so we easily had 6 or 7 beers sitting out at the beach!! Nice to be able to use it on a port day (so to speak).

The Cheers program is not valid at HMC. :(

Sadly, no. You can use the soda part of the package on HMC, but not booze.

Plural? So they're twins?? With all inventive cocktails on board, a cruise ship seems to be an apt place to definitely find a type of alcohol/drink to enjoy.

My plan is to get the program the second day of my upcoming 7-day cruise....which would make it about $300 or so for the week, which I'm fine with. A few drinks in the morning, a few in the afternoon, some with dinner and some at night shouldn't be a problem. (I'm young-ish. :cool: )

Can you get it mid way thru at discount price?

Sent from my C771 using Forums mobile app

I do believe that if you get Cheers on the second day you still have to pay for the first day.

Edit: should have PP quotes up top

I have read such mixed things about buying Cheers on the second day. Can anyone CONFIRM that they bought it on day 2 and were not charged day 1? I want to get it on day 2 of an upcoming 4 day cruise, but if I am going to be retroactively charged for day 1, I am going to get it Day 1.

Edited by Dixie24

We were told that it would be the same price if we purchased it 1st or 2nd day. So we got it 1st day. We were on board around 11am though and that's when we'd typically start drinking anyhow so it was worthwhile.

I am on the Freedom 8nt with my GF in January. We have 4 port days. I just don't think it's worth it. We will be off of the ship for half of the cruise. Doesn't make sense to get the package. I'm sure we will buy a bottle of gin and bring Tonic on Board. That sounds like a much cheaper alternative to me.

If I had 4 sea days and 2 ports, I would seriously think about it...

Not any more. Or at least, not as of May 2013. The reason we were given is that at HMC everything if done by paper, with the paper tickers being entered into the ship-board computer at a later time. Because of the paper, there was no way to track the 15 drink limit in real time.

I'm not sure I "buy" it, but that's what we were told.

yes, you can purchase the program on day 1 or 2... If you purchase on day 2, you will be charged one less day(6 days not 7)... However, any drinks you have on day one, you will pay for individually. The exception to this is going out of texas... You can not purchase the program on day one do to texas law, so you can only purchase it on day 2 and they will retroactive it back to day 1 and removed any drink charges you had on day 1 and include in the cheers program. you cannot purchase the cheers program on any ship after day 2..

The Cheers program is not valid at HMC. :(

I also heard it is not valid on Little Stirrup Cay. Although it is valid on RCI..... which makes one think, why buy the Cheers prgm for the entire cruise, only to find out it is only good for the ship!

I think, most pax would come out better buying from Bon Voyage!:cool: At least then, you could take some off (in a flask, etc) with you at the private islands, and just order soda, or water... etc..:)

I am on the Freedom 8nt with my GF in January. We have 4 port days. I just don't think it's worth it. We will be off of the ship for half of the cruise. Doesn't make sense to get the package. I'm sure we will buy a bottle of gin and bring Tonic on Board. That sounds like a much cheaper alternative to me.

If I had 4 sea days and 2 ports, I would seriously think about it...

It really just depends on your drinking habits. I had Cheers a few weeks ago on the Paradise 5 day, and came out ahead every day, including the day we were in Cozumel. This is a long port day - 11a-8p - but between morning mimosa's, wine at dinner, and after dinner cocktails, I still made up the program cost.

Short port days, which are more the standard, are even easier. The other Paradise port was Grand Cayman, 8a-3p [back on board by 2p, latest]. Roomie and I are not morning people, so we were only off the ship for about three hours...

We were on the Fascination in October and purchased on the second day. HMC was one of our ports so we saved our carryon wine for that day and drank it in our cabana. We definitely came out ahead by doing cheers. I would get patron margaritas and they were $9.95 so it was fairly easy to hit the break even mark.

Edited by vacationlover16

My wife and I are very interested in the Cheers! Program. I am trying to wrap my head around this thing. The cost for both of us is $810. This is what I'm trying to figure out. Am I really going to drink 15 beers or cocktails per day? Am I going to drink $405 worth beers or drinks during the cruise? This is a 7 day cruise and we do like to drink but I don't think I have ever consumed 15 drinks in a day. Maybe 10. Are the drinks watered down? I keep reading where some of you reach your limit every night. Will everybody on the cruise be drinking me under the table? :p

This is a question that can only be answered by you and your wife. For DH and myself it wouldn't be worth it. We rarely spend over $100 together on drinks on a ship. If you think you and your wife would drink over $810 in drinks then go for it....if not then it's a waste.