Papeete - THINGS TO GO

baderry

We will be arriving in Papeete in April at 5:35 am and spending one night pre cruise @ Hotel Tahiti Nui before boarding our cruise the following evening. Any suggestions on:

1. Distance and taxi fare from the airport to Hotel Tahiti Nui (4 people plus luggage)
  2. Early Check In Options @ Hotel Tahiti Nui;
  3. Things to do & see during our one day in Papeete;
  4. Recommended places to eat lunch & dinner in Papeete; and
  5. How far from HOtel Tahiti Nui to Cruise Ship Dock.

Thanks in advance,

1. Take taxi after 6am as the rate goes down. 4-5 miles to hotel. Figure $25-$30 as you have extra people and bags.

2. Don't know, I assume it's based on availability like everyone else.

3. You are downtown already. The Le Marche, Waterfront for dinner at the Roulettes, Patrick's inner island tour

4. The Roulettes at the water front, just ask the hotel desk, easy walk distance

5. 2-3 short blocks

1. Take taxi after 6am as the rate goes down. 4-5 miles to hotel. Figure $25-$30 as you have extra people and bags.

2. Don't know, I assume it's based on availability like everyone else.

3. You are downtown already. The Le Marche, Waterfront for dinner at the Roulettes, Patrick's inner island tour

4. The Roulettes at the water front, just ask the hotel desk, easy walk distance

5. 2-3 short blocks

Thank you so much for the detailed information. I really appreciate all your help. I am sure I asked some of these ?s before but it's been almost a year and now that we're a few months out I needed to confirm.

Bettye

We will be in Papeete from 9:30a.m (get off ship) and leave midnight. How to spend day? We have taken a taxi all around the island and loved the day !!

We stayed Intercontinental and not sure we want to repeat that as "done it"

We hear Hotel Tahi Nui will store luggge for us but is thee anything to see downtown besides Market (done that)?

We thought of paying for a day room at Manava Suite Resort in Punaauia as that is an area we have not been to. Anything to see there?

Also did not understand the restaurant idea. Is it Roulettes on Waterfront but what is Le Marche. I know The Market and think this just part of address. Thanks for help.

ROQ