Ephesus / Kusadas, Olympia (Katakolon)

I am currently planning my Grand Princess cruise on Aug. 6. I did review some of the topics on these two cities, but I have some unanswered question:

1. Is there public transportation (bus) from the port of Kusadas to Ephesus, if yes, how to get to the bus stop, how long does it take to go to Ephesus, and how much? How often?

2. Is there public transportation (bus) from the town of Katakolon to Olympia? If yes, how to get to the bus stop, how long does it take to get there, and how much? How ofen?

Thank you for sharing the experience and information.

I don't know about public transportation. In Kusadasi we took a van with a driver and tour guide. There were four of us so we split the costs. We were well satisfied (http://www.tur-tour.com/). We took a taxi from Katakolon to Olympia. The taxi waited while we went through ancient Olympia and took us back to Katakolon. I don't remember the cost but we thought it was very reasonable at the time.

We went to Kusadasi on the Brilliance in June and took a private tour with Meander Travel. There were eight of us and we had a van and driver for the day for a really great price of $ 27.00 per person. The tour even included lunch. If you book with them, ask for Ozan to be your guide.

Archived