Early Saver vs. Past Guest Rates

tanyaewa

Price is the same - but I get Deck 8 vs Deck 5 room. What benefits do I lose by not booking Early Saver?

Thanks so much - I can't seem to find the info

No price match AFTER final payment.

Edited by BigDfromTN

Price is the same - but I get Deck 8 vs Deck 5 room. What benefits do I lose by not booking Early Saver?

Thanks so much - I can't seem to find the info

If you book ES, you can take advantage of price drop adjustments past final payment date, and up to 2 days before sailing. With other rates, it is only until final payment date.

We've booked ES for the past several cruises. This time we booked past guest as we want to be able to cancel if necessary. It depends on your personal circumstances and which if more important - that possibility of a last minute price drop, or the ability to cancel up until final payment date. Also, with our current booking we were able to get a better deal through PG and the chances of a price drop are slim for our cabin category.

Sorry to the very knowledgeable in advance...

If booking a Past Guest rate, how do you get a price adjustment if it is before the final payment date?

Is there a form to fill out like with Early Saver?

Or do you have to call Carnival directly?

Does it matter if the new rate is the new Guest Appreciation rate offered this month?

I plan on calling Carnival tomorrow but I wanted some sage (and hopefully patient) advice. Thank you.

I always call my PVP and she takes care of price adjustments for me. However any Carnival Rep. should be able to do the adjustment for you. Just make sure if you booked under 50% deposit originally or received any OBC originally that if thats not in the new price terms you stand to lose any OBC and also may have to pay the balance of your deposit to keep the booking. The new price also has to be lower than orig. price with OBC subtracted to receive new price drop. Example right now my orig. booking price with OBC would equal the new price now, so it's a wash and I will just wait and see if price drops lower since I have 344 days left to sail..lol.. But good luck with yours!