MDR Water & Iced Tea - Taste Bad?

Wkr3kt

We just sailed on Enchantment and the iced tea was real brewed tea. Such a difference from our Monarch and Sovereign cruises where it was instant tea. I did not notice any off flavors in the water, but brought a small pack of water bottles for our room, which came in handy at night.

The water is not drinkable. Bring a brita water filter and save a bundle.

Otherwise, you will have to chew your water. It's horrible. Just like getting

tap at a restaurant.

Not sure what cruise line your sailing but it's not RCL.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...Are you a sales rep for Brita??...That would be the only explanation.

I also have trouble with cruise ship water. After many cruises I wondered why, within 24 hours of boarding, I had so many digestive problems (I call it 'cruise belly', kind of like Bali belly or Delhi belly, if you get my drift - and no it is NOT noro!). I eliminated certain foods across several cruises and still no joy. I initially suspected excess salt and hidden dairy (I am also dairy intolerant). On my last cruise, on Celebrity, we were Aqua Class and got complimentary bottled water. This was the first time that I primarily drank bottled water rather than the usual tap water. On this cruise I had much less of a problem. I have since done some research and I think I have found the culprit - I believe there is something about the desalinating process that does not agree with my digestive system. I only drink bottled water and avoid ice, pasta and rice, and take daily medication while on board to minimise the effects :( Still it hasn't stopped me cruising :)

Cheers,