Library on Epic

caribophile

I've read that there is no library on the Epic (quelle horreur!) Could someone clarify for me whether I would have to bring my own novel to read? Is it just that there is no particular venue called a library, or are there actually no books to borrow? Also, please give me your tips for the best places on the Epic to read with the sounds and smell of the Caribbean Sea as background music.

I never saw a library or any stash of books on the Epic. However, my e-reader has its own stored library. I see lots of e-readers on cruises now.

You can even rent e-readers now, at least on the Breakaway. Price was $2.50 per day. Don't know if it costs extra to download a book.

In May this year when we went there was a small Library in the Maltings bar open for a few hours daily. I don't think they had a huge selection as I brought my own books, but they were definitely there.

Have a lovely trip!

seconded - the library is in Maltings with the games. there's one open bookcase with games (backgammon, dominoes, chess, checkers, yatzhee, scrabble, monopoloy and cards. i think we saw uno too) and then 2 maybe 3 other cases with glass doors for books. it's really unmanned from what we could tell, they unlock the glass for the posted hours (couple in the morning, couple in the afternoon), there's a sign out sheet for the books and a book return box near the bar. not a huge amount of books but there seemed to be stuff for kids through adults, fiction and non.

as for where to read with the sea, there's no real promenade deck so you've got pool deck and the sun deck above it. to hear the ocean, maybe try the sun deck up on 17/18. its further away from the pool so i would think it's quieter and maybe get some more natural sounds.

Edited by miztressuz

In May this year when we went there was a small Library in the Maltings bar open for a few hours daily. I don't think they had a huge selection as I brought my own books, but they were definitely there.

Have a lovely trip!

Unless they've done away with it recently, this was what we found, too.

Very small selection, just a bookcase and the library open for short periods of time. I brought my own and was glad I did and now carry lots on my Kindle.

We were on a TA and people on TAs tend to read more than on port intensive itineraries.

Not sure if you're solo or not, but there were some books in the studio lounge when I was on there. Since I had brought a couple of books of my own, I didn't really look at the selection too closely, but I'm sure I saw some fiction and nonfiction in there. :)