Silver Moon Pictures

TexasMom2

Wow...awesome pics....we're 27 & 26) going on our honeymoon on aug. 14 on the aos st. lucia route.

It looks as though you'd recommend the Trunk Bay our your own and Silver Moon excursions. I think we're ready to book the Silver Moon. Is there anything else you'd recommend in Antigua or St. Lucia for us to do? We're up for anything.

Thanks......Adam

Adam, congrats on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon. You will love the AOS and that Barbados itinerary. You can't lose with the Silver Moon, I am willing to bet it will be your favorite shore excursion.

We did do Trunk Bay on our own because we wanted to stay longer than the 1.5 hours on a ship's tour. Pricewise it's only slightly cheaper doing it on your own but at least you have more time to snorkel. Be sure you get there early, there was a waiting list for snorkel equipment starting at around 11:30 a.m., I think. When we turned our equipment in around 1:30 p.m. there were people still waiting their turn for equipment. The call for the ship's tour to depart was at least an hour before we left Trunk Bay. We took the ferry to Charlotte Amalie afterwards instead of Red Hook and still had time to shop before the all-aboard.

We bought day passes ($45 all-inclusive) at Pineapple Beach Resort because we wanted a relaxing beach day. The taxi was expensive but the total cost was well worth it. If you know of others going to the resort you can group up and share the cost. We love to snorkel but didn't want to do it every day. You may find some information on other excursions on the Antigua board.

On St. Lucia we took the ship's coastal cruise to the Pitons, which was fun, but I wish we had taken a land tour that included beach time. We saw beautiful scenery from the cruise and it just made me want to go back for a longer visit someday.

Whatever you choose to do I'm sure that you will have a honeymoon to remember.

If you are going to book Silver Moon you should do it as soon as possible. We booked in April for our December cruise on the Serenade. A couple of weeks ago we decided to take my daughter and her friend on the cruise and we contacted Silver Moon but they were already booked solid for both Silver Moon I and II.

Wow!! Thanks so much for the advice!!

I will book it right away. There are still 8 spots available on SM I, so I think I'm ok.

Anything else you can think of, please add it......I like to prepare the days in advance, this way I don't have to waste time on the ship in lines or figuring out what to do.

Adam

hi we're 2 families cruising the serenade dec 24th. please tell me you're on our ship!!! i've been posting all over the place trying to find other people on my cruise.

we are also booked on the silvermoon in barbados and have purchased 1/2 day passes for pineapple beach. we are planning on going to DIVI LITTLE BAY in st. martaan on our own and REDUIT BEACH in st. lucia. the other family i'm traveling with will take my kids in st. lucia because they want to do a 4x4 trip around the island and we want to relax on as many beaches as possible!!

Help!!

Just a question...we are sailing on the Serenade of the Seas on Jan 14/06.

We have already booked Eli's Eco Tour (boat) for Antigua and Cosol's tour of St. Lucia island. Both of these tours came widely recommended.

I am trying to decide what to do in Barbados. The Silver Moon sounds very interesting and I think my 13 yr old son would love to swim with the sea turtles. But I am trying to justify the expense for 2 adults and 2 teens (over 12) since already booking the Eco Tour ($90 person).

For anyone who has done both...is there an overlap on these two tours?? We have planned a trip to Trunk Bay while in St. Thomas (been there before and it is a beautiful beach) and a beach day in St. Maarten's so really want to plan something fun for Barbados.

Was thinking about the Boatyard or Just breezing watersports since travelling with 2 teenage boys.

Let me know what you think

Debbie

hi we're 2 families cruising the serenade dec 24th. please tell me you're on our ship!!! i've been posting all over the place trying to find other people on my cruise.

we are also booked on the silvermoon in barbados and have purchased 1/2 day passes for pineapple beach. we are planning on going to DIVI LITTLE BAY in st. martaan on our own and REDUIT BEACH in st. lucia. the other family i'm traveling with will take my kids in st. lucia because they want to do a 4x4 trip around the island and we want to relax on as many beaches as possible!!

We are sailing on December 3rd. I would have loved a Xmas cruise but I am unable to take holidays off from work. Have you tried the roll call board, I thought I saw a roll call for that date.

i myself have started countless threads and to no avail. there is a roll call with 10 responses and i thi k that 5 of them are mine and the other 5 are from the person who started it. it's amazing......for the most popular cruisetime...... no one is responding.

I am also having the same problem on our roll call, I belive so far we have about four of us that are posting and it looks like almost all the cabins are taken.

What a shame we are not on the same cruise.

Sillylizzie, you will love the AOS and the itinerary. The Silver Moon was the highlight of our cruise. We actually sailed instead of using the motor, which I love.

CAcruzfunatic, you won't regret the Silver Moon. We sailed on the SM I but we saw the SM II and it didn't look crowded either. It's a bigger cat and holds 18. Wonderful excursion!

Archived