Half Moon Caye with a broken foot??

CrimsonTideGal

My best friends husband has shattered his heel and cannot put any weight on his foot for a few months. He will be cruising in a wheel chair and crutches. Has anyone been to a port that tenders on crutches or wheel chair? How did they get you in and out of the tender? DO they have beach wheel chairs that they let us use. I remember seeing one when I was there. Any help would be appreciated.

I have been on a cruise ship with a roll-on tender, however, not on Carnival. I'm not saying they don't have them but I haven't seen them. IF he can walk onto and off the tender (and that means up and down steps) using his crutches he will be able to tender.

Beach wheelchairs are used to go from the tender dock to a chair. You won't be able to keep the chair. When you are ready to leave the beach you can ask the attendant to bring you the wheelchair. It isn't easy so I tend to stay on the ship and use the facilities while everyone else is ashore.

I have experience in this area...........Went on the Fantasy back in August in a power wheelchair and one of the stops was HMC. I was allowed to use the tender to HMC. The staff seemed a bit confused that I wanted to go ashore and each crewmember that I encountered had to call for guidance from superiors but in the end I was allowed to power myself onto the tender. The ramp was a bit tricky in the large power chair but I did it. You should have no problems if you are using crutches.

Once ashore there were about 6 beach chairs available over by the info desk. Out of the 6 chairs only a couple were serviceable. By the time we got ashore I had to take one that wanted to go sideways but my wife was able to get me down to the waters edge and dump me in. I did need assistance from some nice passengers to get the chair back from the waters edge but we did manage.

With the exception of the weather there should be no reason not to go ashore at HMC

There is a ramp to the tender. Depending on the seas it can be a have a little motion. But there's no reason he can't get on the tender on crutches and sit on the top level right after getting off the ramp. HMC has paths until you get to the beach, then the sand might be a problem on crutches.