Decorating the Cabin Door

Atlantian

I've done it on every cruise recently.

Here is our 2009 Fascination door

The garland is from Oriental Trading and the cutouts are from Hobby Lobby, they are actually wood.

CIMG4099.jpg

Here is what I did at first on our 2011 Pride Cruise

CarnivalPrideDoora.jpg

And then on hubby's birthday I switched it to this, and also decorated inside

Funny story, we were hanging in the cabin in the afternoon on his birthday, and we had two little girls knock on our door. They were doing a scavenger hunt and needed the signature of someone who's birthday it was and they found him from the decorations, lol.

CarnivalPrideDoorb.jpg

And then on our 2012 Dream cruise I did this, it was middle of December. I actually hung a hook on the inside of the door upside down, so unless someone cut the string they couldn't steal it.

CarnivalDreamDoor.jpg

Edited by kristy29

we are sailing December 8th on the Pride. The kids have decided they want to decorate our doors for Christmas! It gives them something fun to do AND it will keep them from getting confused and knocking or going to the wrong door! It sounds fun to me...

Just off the Pride, our door wasnt metal, so magnets didnt work. Had to use hockey tape. :p

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my door decoration in the mail!! It's a porthole with a view of the sea and sea birds flying over the water.

It's a peel and stick I found at Windy City Novelties for under $3 + S&H. Got 2 more to put on the wall of the inside cabin I've booked on the Pardise in January. Instant porthole cabin!

We always decorated our doors and the majority of the time we received compliments on them. We even heard parents telling their kids to look for our door and then count so many doors down so they could find their cabin.

But on our last cruise I noticed that our door was one of two cabins on our deck that was decorated. So I think it is time to hang up my scissors and paste and just not decorate anymore.

We always decorated our doors and the majority of the time we received compliments on them. We even heard parents telling their kids to look for our door and then count so many doors down so they could find their cabin.

But on our last cruise I noticed that our door was one of two cabins on our deck that was decorated. So I think it is time to hang up my scissors and paste and just not decorate anymore.

Hey if it makes you happy then you should do it! On our Carnival Cruise to Alaska this pervious August we where the only ones that decorated our door. Everyone said they love it and even our room steward said it was an awesome idea.

We always decorate too! I would tell you though, I would never put up something you want to keep, each time by the last night I always have things missing. :eek: I figure it's the overzealous/drunk teens playing around.

I cruise in 2 days! I have a 25th anniversary sign and a huge foil champagne bottle to decorate the door with! My bags are packed! :)

When I found out that I was going on my next cruise, The Dollar Store still had some fun tropical decorations for $1 and there are multiple items to hang on the door. My thought is for anyone we meet/goes with us to each sign the cut-outs and then to be able to take home with them. Whatever you do have fun!