Difference between The Liberty and Legend

kristine25

Hands down, the Liberty wins that comparison. It's got the Funship 2.0 enhancements, which the Legend does not. Also, the Seaside Theater screen out by the Lido pool.

You mentioned in the other thread that you'll be cruising with kids. They would LOVE LOVE LOVE the Guy's Burger Joint on the Liberty. Legend doesn't have it.

Cruising on the Legend is like cruising with Carnival 10 years ago. Cruising on the Liberty.... you get all the great enhancements that Carnival has rolled out since then.

Wow!! you got me excited. We are doing the Liberty in February. We were on the Conquest when they redid the ship. Had a blast with the Hasbro games. Even my girlfriend who never wants to do anything was jumping up and down to get picked. We didn't jump high enough but we had a blast..

Your family will love the enhancements.

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to delete or edit my other post but looking for any differences between these two ships. Same port of call but one leaves from Miami and one from Tampa. Thanks!

The Liberty is a Conquest Class ship and the Legend is a Spirit Class ship. The main difference is that the Liberty is much larger than the Legend. The Legend will be sailing from Tampa as it is small enough to clear the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, the Liberty cannot as it is too big.

Of course as the Liberty is larger it will have more passenger ammenities to partake in. The Legend is also a nice ship and many people like the Spirit Class ships as they can be a little more intimate with the feel of being on a smaller ship.

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to delete or edit my other post but looking for any differences between these two ships. Same port of call but one leaves from Miami and one from Tampa. Thanks!

I have been on Liberty and am going on Legend on Sunday :D. I liked Liberty a lot and will be happy to share my thoughts when we return. I will say I've been on the Paradise (smallest) and Liberty (bigger) and definitely prefer a smaller size ship. Went on Valor as well (same class as Liberty) and it was FULL I think close to if not over 3600 pax...it was ok most of the time but on sea days it was a little tricky finding a chair...anywhere....but eventually I did :)

The Legend has those great french door interior cabins.

I prefer Tampa as an airport, city and port over Miami.

The Legend gets the modified 2.0 in february drydock then leaves for australia in the summer. Might be the last chance for a while to sail her.

The Pride will replace her in the winter months.

I have been on both the Liberty and the Spirit, which is the same as the Legend). I enjoyed both for different reasons. I found the Spirit to be much easier to move around on, as it has a much better floor plan than the Liberty. Also, I found the Spirit to be much less crowded, more serene, and in my opinion, the pool areas were nicer, although smaller. The Liberty, which is much larger, has some extra amenities and food/bar options. Overall, the public spaces are a bit larger, but there were also many more people in them on Liberty. Both types of ships are great, so if it were me, I would choose based on the following:

1) Pick the ship I had not been on before

2) Whats more important: More options/activities or more serenity? Also, as someone else said, the Legend is scheduled to receive some unique updates that the Liberty does not have.

3) What other ships are in port on each itinerary: I've noticed before that the Legend is often in each port with several ships, where as with the Liberty, it might be less, and therefore, less busy in port (especially important if tendering). Maybe look at cruisett dot com or some other port schedule website

4) Price difference?

That's just what I would consider, but either way you really can't go wrong.

I enjoyed both the Legend and the Liberty.

I would say the Liberty has the edge for me because of the 2.0 upgrades - I really enjoyed the different food/drink options. We also had Karl with K as our cruise director and he really made the experience on that ship special. But he's gone now, so you can't really factor that in.

The Legend 4K rooms are amazing though, and it is a more intimate and very beautiful ship. Cruising from Tampa is also a lot less hectic than Miami in my opinion too. And cheaper, hotels seem to be cheaper, getting around in taxis seemed cheaper too.