Carnival Infant Crib Question

Sunkissed Mommy

Hi Everyone,

In about one month we will be taking our first cruise with a baby. We have been on many cruises in the past as a couple so we don't need advice for ourselves!

I have a question about cribs though. I was reading someone's review of their recent Carnival cruise with a baby. I saw in a photo that there was an actual crib in the cabin (white metal). I was wondering if this is standard on all Carnival ships? My son does not sleep well in them. He slept in the exact style I saw in the picture while we were in Chicago on vacation recently. He was up all night and banging in to the sides! The crib will also take up space in the cabin, whereas a pack n play can be folded and stored during the day.

He has no problem sleeping in a pack n play. I was wondering if most Carnival ships have the white metal cribs??? If that is the case, we're going to bring our pack n play for him to sleep in. A bit of a pain if we have to, but if this is the case we'll do it.

Thanks in advance for anyone who has experienced this recently on Carnival.

I asked about this extensively on here this spring and everyone that answered and showed pics of the crib showed the same white metal one. When I went on the breeze the cabin steward brought the same one so I sent it back.

We just bring a pack and play for our child.

Probably a good idea...better safe than sorry!

I also seem to remember something about only "so many" were available per ship - and there is no way to guarantee one will be available if there are lots of small children on board.

In July on the Miracle we had the white metal crib. If you have a PVP they can tell you what is available on the Glory. And yes the crib did take up a great deal of space. If you are not flying, I would bring my own Pack N Play. If you use a carnival crib I would like to suggest bringing your own sheets. Something about the familiar smell and texture seems to help baby sleep.

We were on the Triumph in October with our 16-month-old. We asked for a crib and the one they provided was the white metal model. Space was not really an issue, as we had an ocean suite. We had brought our own crib sheet with us, and we asked our steward for two extra bed sheets, which we rolled up and used as crib bumpers. Worked like a charm. :)

Edited by existential monkey