Travel time from the airport to cruise terminal?

NanciEA

Can someone give me and estimate on how long it will take to clear custom, retreive luggage and take a taxi from the airport to the cruise terminal? Our flight is scheduled to arrive at 12:40pm.

It depends how busy they are. We have arrived just aftand two large jets and the wait was crazy long. The last time we flew in on a small jet from PR. There was no one as we approached customs, not even the workers. One lady poked her head out of the room beside the stations, saw us coming and looked out the window and said "The plane from PR is here and the KLM just touched down". That KLM had over 300 people on it.:eek: We were through in record time. I think it took about 15 minutes total.

Say you are on time and through customs and pick up your bags by 1:30. You should be at the cruise terminal by 2:15.

If your plane is late I think there may be a bridge opening at 3 that could affect your drive to the airport.

I agree with karysa's estimate.

If the arrival time at the Cruise Facility is critical, having the date or at least day of the week and season would help estimate traffic concerns.

On a recent visit, as we landed we saw Air France taxing up to the gate. That day it was a good 45 minutes or better to get out of the airport.

gary

We're arriving on Sat., Feb. 1 at 12:40pm. It looks like the Air France flight usually arrives in the evening. Generally how long is the wait for the bridge opening?

I have waited as little as 5 minutes and I have been stuck in bridge traffic and congestion for an hour. 3 pm is a new bridge opening time. I am not sure how popular of a time it will be. If you arrive on schedule I think that you have plenty of time. Bad weather delaying the flight would be of a greater concern to me if I was coming from a cold part of NA.

The Air France flight is scheduled to arrive at 14:50 on February 1st.

You should be well clear (unless karysa's weather delays happen), so you shouldn't have a problem.

I will point out that come December 15 we are in unknown territory about traffic between the airport and downtown P'Burg. There are both a new route (across the new causeway) and new opening times.

Hopefully we will be getting some reports before you travel, but to me you look fine.

gary