Scrapbooking on the Summit?

Ejd1971

On our last Celebrity cruise on the Millenium a couple years ago, they had a couple scrapbook classes where they gave out kits to make pages with your own photos. We'll be on the Summit in a couple weeks so I was wondering if Celebrity still had something like this?

My wife and I just returned from the Repo Cruise on the Summit. They did offer 2 different days of scrapbooking were they gave out 2 different kits. They also had some you could purchase if you wanted. Have fun on the Summit.

The kits themselves are the standard ones you can get at any craft store. I think they include a few stock photos, but you have to decide if the price is worth it. IMHO, they're overpriced. And, sorry, but no, I don't remember how much they were. I just looked at them and went yikes!

Kathy

The kits themselves are the standard ones you can get at any craft store. I think they include a few stock photos, but you have to decide if the price is worth it. IMHO, they're overpriced. And, sorry, but no, I don't remember how much they were. I just looked at them and went yikes!

Kathy

You have to distinguish between the scrapbooking kits given out for free during the classes and the kits sold thru the Photo Dept. The free ones are really creative - the bought ones are the stock not so nice ones. I think they're still doing the craft classes with the free ones.

My wife and I just returned from the Repo Cruise on the Summit. They did offer 2 different days of scrapbooking were they gave out 2 different kits. They also had some you could purchase if you wanted. Have fun on the Summit.

Do happen to remember around what time of day they were done? Our itinerary is pretty port intensive with only one sea day, but I do love my scrapbook stuff!

Do happen to remember around what time of day they were done? Our itinerary is pretty port intensive with only one sea day, but I do love my scrapbook stuff!

I wasn't on the Summit, but have just returned from 12 nt Mediterranean cruise on Equinox. The Activities team offered Scrapbooking 3 times (sea days only) - each one at 9.30am (you'd think they'd have had each at a different time to give people a choice, so if they couldn't make the early time, then perhaps they could catch it again at a later time......... :confused:).

Obviously each ship will vary depending on what it's Activities Team want to do.

Do you have to stay & use the kit at that time to get the free kit? While I'd love the kit, I don't want to miss out on the sunshine during my only seaday!

It's pretty much up to the Activities staff doing the class. One time they insisted you stay for the class and another time (another ship) they just gave me the kit to take home, while others worked the kit there.

I do think they still do it on different ships, but maybe not every itinerary. And last I remember it's always on a sea day as others have reported.

I'm not a dedicated scrapbooker, but my DDIL is and we had a lot of fun doing the class.

Do you have to stay & use the kit at that time to get the free kit? While I'd love the kit, I don't want to miss out on the sunshine during my only seaday!

On our cruise a few years a ago, they didn't make us stay for the class, although if I remember correctly it was a short class...maybe 30-45 minutes??