Welcome Tours

Surrealistic

We just returned from a cruise on the Valor yesterday. We used Beulah's Welcome Tours in St. Kitts. We did the Highlights Tour A. It was myself, husband, sister and brother in law. We were the only people on this tour so it was awesome! We drove all over the island seeing many sights, then they dropped us off at the beach and returned for us at exactly the time we requested. It was a great tour. Beulah answered all of my emails very promptly and I would recommend her to anyone.

Booked with them last week and enjoyed the tour. Beulah gave us to Warren and he did an adequate job. Not very talkative but a safe driver. Beulah is a delight and sure wish we could have gone with her. The island is beautiful. She answered all my e mails quickly when making reservations.

We're on Jewel in January, too, and have booked a Nevis tour with Beulah.

We just heard from Beulah. Offered us a great tour over to Nevis for the day. We've done the St Kitts tour last year. Will be booking with Welcome Tours to go to Nevis.

Michael.....

Had a private full day tour this past week with Beulah Mills company. Please know that you will most likely be passed off to someone else for the majority of your tour. We had no idea that she doesn't personally do her own tours. Our driver, Ernest, gave us a decent tour. However, he stranded us at a restaurant for an extra 45 minutes, which caused us not to have time to go to Palm Court Gardens (which we had paid for), or confidence in him either to get us back to the ship. Furthermore, he attempted to cover himself with all types of lies. The most unnerving thing was he had all of our things in the van, including camera, prescription sunglasses, bathing suits. If we had not left them in the van, we would have walked back to the port area on our own. Beulah did not answer her calls and stated that she did not receive any calls. As soon as we were returned to discuss this situation with her, my husband redialed her # and magically her phone was working.

In the hundreds of shore excursions I have previously booked, I have NEVER felt so worried and disrespected as this one.

For the people booking the trip to Nevis, please check out some of the comments on tripadvisor about this tour. There are some good and also some bad comments so that you can know what to expect.

Please ask if you have any other questions. I would not feel confident in recommending her tours and it really ruined our day in St. Kitts because of all of the anxiety caused by being stranded.

wwb

There are many other positive reports about the company and that is why I booked. I never dreamed that we would have the experience we did and maybe she will not use Ernest again. Don't know!

wwb

This is the "twisted and erroneous" response that Beulah Mills posted to our negative review of her on Tripadvisor. It further clarifies that she will NOT personally do your tour (except the lunch time tour), and will NOT take any responsibility for errors from her drivers or her company. If you look at her reviews, all negative comments she basically says that those people are liars. BTW: Our driver encouraged us to go to a small restaurant, not Palm Court Gardens for lunch and was indeed 40 minutes late (not the 15 described by Beulah)AND Beulah was the one screaming at the driver for many minutes after we walked away from the situation, not us! She also did NOT try to resolve he situation.

Her Response:

Funinthesun026, Owner at Welcome Tours St. Kitts and Nevis, responded to this review

2 days ago

When a customer complain then it's my job as the Owner and Manager of Welcome Tours to respond and make things right.

You who are reading this know that every story has 2 sides and that is certainly true here.

It is true that I do not do all the tours at Welcome Tours ...that would be impossible! ....Depending on on how busy we are, I lead or part lead some of the tours, organise and manage others, and my team of hand picked, highly trained experienced drivers/ tour guides does the rest....doing an excellent job,and perform better than I, on the longer tour as they do them more frequently. However, in life,thankfully infrequently glitches do occur.

Now, this couple booked a private Full island tour for 2 with lunch atPalms Court gardens I never indicated to them that I would personally tour them as it wasn't possible for me to do this, however on arrival I sensed their expectation and offered to do a part of their tour so they could experience me ..this I did and left them happy, my driver completed their tour and they were happy with this and were now to go to Palms Court Gardens,however they changed their itinerary from Palms Court and had it elsewhere which the driver willingly organised for them, it would then appear (as I wasn't there) that he came back an hour and 15 minutes later ..leaving 1hour for lunch, which is standard practise ,puts him 15 minutes late, ...which is inexcusable unless he experienced some mechanical problem,...............so reason to be unhappy ?..yes accepted! I understood their annoyance on one hand, and we would have made amends....given the opportunity, but they had convinced themselves that Earnest had run off with their camera and stuff and became very anxious...and so it was them who screamed and ranted at this, in a very loud and over the top way which they failed to mention in their Trip Advisor /Cruise Critic post. Their stuff was always safe with us..as we are not a 'fly by night company! ' I tried to come to a reasonable solution but they seemed determined to stay angry.

As a business woman when my phone rings I always answer it ..it is business! So the accusation that I answered their call and cut them off, when I didn't even know what had transpired.... is just not true. At the time we both forgot about the $20 entrance fee for Palms Court Garden. I am happy to return it to them if they supply their address or I can donate it to the Palms Court Children's Education charity fund.

Welcome Tours really do try to make its its customers exceedingly happy, and we are successful in doing so the vast majority of the time ...which makes us very happy ...And these odd occasions makes us sad too, so rest assured that we will continue to strive to give you the excellent service you deserve and look forward to your continued support and to serving you well!!

Always happy to be of service!

Beulah

Owner and manager of Welcome Tours St Kitts and Nevis.

So, you must read both good and bad posts before you book with her. Keep in mind that many of the very positive posts are from people who joined her $10 lunch time tour!

Ask if you have any questions. We DO have witnesses to verify our account of the story.

wwb