Free wine with Specialty restaurant on first night?

skyfire53

Seems to me that this "free wine" first night thing changes from ship to ship, week to week. No set thing. We are leaving on Sunday on the Breakaway and booked Le Bistro for the first night. No 3 package. If the wine bottle appears its a bonus, but if not, it will not spoil our vacation. I am not a wine snob, so anything drinkable wine will do:D on the other hand my hubby is.

Just off the Breakaway ( Oct. 27th ) and there were 15 of us dining at La Cucina, they gave our table 7 bottles of wine!!! I don't like wine but there were no complaints about the quality at our table.

• 1 month later...
It is a good deal, we really enjoyed it on the Breakway. We didn't book a specialty the first night, we booked the Cirque show and because it was the first night, we received 10% off and saved $50. I figured that was worth more than a bottle of wine.

We then spread out our specialty dining to the other days of the week and worked around the MDR menu. The Signature Trio restaurants on the Breakaway were all excellent and well worth the $57 total for all three of them.

Have read several reports here that guests who booked Cirque the 1st night received both the discount (thought I read it was 20%?) and a comp bottle of wine. Sounds like this was not the case for you?

We're going on Breakaway soon and that's what I was thinking of booking.

Also, to be eligible for the bottle of wine first night, do you have to book pre-cruise? I was hoping to make my rsvn once onboard so to use some OBC.

Thanks to anyone who has the answers to the above.:)

• 2 months later...
Seems to me that this "free wine" first night thing changes from ship to ship, week to week. No set thing. We are leaving on Sunday on the Breakaway and booked Le Bistro for the first night. No 3 package. If the wine bottle appears its a bonus, but if not, it will not spoil our vacation. I am not a wine snob, so anything drinkable wine will do:D on the other hand my hubby is.

Hi

I read about this, so I gave it a try. We sailed on The Gem March 8-17, and just returned yesterday. I booked La Cucina a couple of weeks in advance, for my husband and I the first night. When we arrived in our 2 family staterooms, there was a bottle of wine in each room, along with plates of fresh strawberries dipped in chocolate with a note, "A Gift for You". So there you go! It worked :) Thanks for spreading the news.

Clay Girl

Hi

I read about this, so I gave it a try. We sailed on The Gem March 8-17, and just returned yesterday. I booked La Cucina a couple of weeks in advance, for my husband and I the first night. When we arrived in our 2 family staterooms, there was a bottle of wine in each room, along with plates of fresh strawberries dipped in chocolate with a note, "A Gift for You". So there you go! It worked :) Thanks for spreading the news.

Clay Girl

The wine and strawberries is a free latitudes gift isn't it? The wine is given at the restaurant not in the room.

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_249 using Tapatalk

The wine and strawberries is a free latitudes gift isn't it? The wine is given at the restaurant not in the room.

Yes, gift from Latitudes, TA or something similar. Has nothing to do with the matter in thread's title.

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_249 using Tapatalk

Good to know. Thank you for confirming.

Clay Girl

We did the 3 dining package on our Christmas cruise on the Sun this past Christmas (2013) and we received the wine at LaCucina the first evening. However, now that they have introduced the UDP I believe the 3 dinner thing is no longer in effect. I could be wrong. We sail March 30 on the Epic, but I have yet to book any dining. If we do this I will post and let everyone know what happens.

We did the 3 dining package on our Christmas cruise on the Sun this past Christmas (2013) and we received the wine at LaCucina the first evening. However, now that they have introduced the UDP I believe the 3 dinner thing is no longer in effect. I could be wrong. We sail March 30 on the Epic, but I have yet to book any dining. If we do this I will post and let everyone know what happens.

You are right, The Signature Trio is no longer available for public since the UDP was launched (apparently it has been available as a TA perk at least in one TA's promo).

I believe that the bottle of wine was a specific perk of this package wasn't it? I'm pretty sure it was mentioned when booking online.

Has anyone that has cruised recently gotten a free bottle of wine if they booked a specialty restaurant on the first night like they used to do? :confused:

We did when we recently did a new years cruise on the Spirit. I actually think it was stated in the restaurant information on MyNCL about it, when you pre-book the restaurant online for the first night.

Not that the house wine is that great, but free is free...... :p

Edited by TrumpyNOR

Has anyone that has cruised recently gotten a free bottle of wine if they booked a specialty restaurant on the first night like they used to do? :confused:

We did when we recently did a new years cruise on the Spirit. I actually think it was stated in the restaurant information on MyNCL about it, when you pre-book the restaurant online for the first night. But that said, we had the 3-dinner-package - and they don't have that anymore after they introduced the UDP....

Edited by TrumpyNOR

We did when we recently did a new years cruise on the Spirit. I actually think it was stated in the restaurant information on MyNCL about it, when you pre-book the restaurant online for the first night. But that said, we had the 3-dinner-package - and they don't have that anymore after they introduced the UDP....

Yes, as mentioned above, this was a perk of the 3 dinner package, not just for eating at a speciality the first night.