Gaido's in Galveston?

dolphiness

We stayed there in May, and would not hesitate to book again. Remember that this is a Motel not a Hotel. Friendly staff, rooms were clean. Free breakfast. The gals in the kitchen worked their butts off to please the guests.

Only (very minor) "complaint" is that there are no hair dryers in the rooms.

We are usually Holiday Inn and up people. Over Labor Day we were in Montrose, CO and stayed in a motel that turned out to be great! I would encourage you to check out TripAdvisor about this motel. I saw 125 reviews with only 27 poor or worse. Sometimes you find a jewel where you least expect it! ;)

We stayed there 3 weeks ago. After reading rave reviews for years about how wonderful the staff is and that they make you feel so comfortable, I was shocked and surprised. Chris, apparently the manager, yes, he was great. The cook for breakfast, the front desk lady at late nite check in, the other gentlemen during the day, were the most unfriendly, and basically rude people I have ever encountered in my traveling. I don't like to bash people, but this is our experience. Yes, older hotel, I don't need anything fancy and it did serve the basics, but thats it. If I need a cheap place to stay, I would stay again, as the room was clean, and I am not staying there for social hour with the employees anyway. If I could get a nicer place for 20.00 more, it would be well spent money.