Got called to upgrade - good deal?

WeIsCruisin

We're booked in a balcony for the Freedom on Nov 30th for a 5 night Western Caribbean. Just got a call today to upgrade to an ocean suite for a flat rate of $300 for the both of us. Neither of us have stayed in a suite of any kind, so is it a good deal? I received the call yesterday, so I don't even know if they are still available, but I am curious.

Looks to be about $200 off the price if you went ahead and booked it yourself. Really you are the only one who can decide if it is a good deal. I like having the extra space but it just depends I guess.

We are booked on the Victory 5 night cruise in a Lido deck balcony cabin and got an email offer to upgrade to a junior suite for an extra $480. I said NO WAY not for that cabin and price.

Love the Freedom....have a great time!!

Whether its a 'good deal' or not really is different for everyone. I'm on a pretty strict budget so if I already have a balcony I would not spend $300 for a suite. I'd rather spend that money on excursions and having fun. But if you've got the money to spare and maybe it's an anniversary cruise or something special it may well be worth it to you to splurge on the suite.

I'd just keep the regular balcony especially since it's only a 5 day cruise, if it maybe a 7 day or longer maybe I'd consider it, I had a suite on The Freedom in August, since it was a b2b I had a total of 5 sea days,so I spent a lot of time in my suite and my balcony on those days.

It's up to you. If you have the $300 and it's no big deal to spend it, then enjoy your suite!

If that money is hard to come by, save it for an excursion or something.

Oh to answer your question: yes, I would take it. But I'm not you, you need to make your own decision.

Edited by Lerin

I would probably do it for only $300. We LOVE suites. We try to sail in suites for longer cruises of 7 or 8 days. I love taking baths, so having that bathtub is really nice. We also really enjoy the double sinks and the dressing area. It's also more room and storage. We spend a lot of time in our cabin though, so we feel like we get our money's worth.

As others have said, it's up to you whether it's a good value. My GF and I were on the Glory last month and had an ocean suite. I've always had balcony cabins, but I can't imagine not getting an OS from now on. The tub with the glass doors vs. the small shower with a curtain was a really nice difference (no more wet bathroom floor after a shower).

The other huge difference that my GF really liked was the vanity/dressing area. That area, with it's adjacent closet gave her a nice little private area to get dressed and ready, especially when we were headed out to dinner (we actually do dress for dinner!!!).

I'm not loyal to Carnival, but since getting off the Glory, the layout of the ocean suite is something that's now an important part of picking our next cruise. Based on my initial research, it seems like Carnival's ocean suites are just about the only ones that have that dressing area, regardless of cruise line.

The layout of the ocean suite has now made Carnival my preferred cruise line. Isn't it interesting how some things are important to some and mean nothing to others! :)

It depends on if you have the extra $300 to spare. You already have a balcony, so the suite is just going to give you extra space. And they are nice. I would do it if I had it to spend. Definitely wouldn't allow it to cut into my spending money onboard though. Good luck with your decision.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

I would probably do it for only $300. We LOVE suites. We try to sail in suites for longer cruises of 7 or 8 days. I love taking baths, so having that bathtub is really nice. We also really enjoy the double sinks and the dressing area. It's also more room and storage. We spend a lot of time in our cabin though, so we feel like we get our money's worth.
If you spend a lot of time in your cabin..go for it,i personally don't go into public pools,hot tubs,bathtubs etc..and always take a can of lysol spray.