Watch purchase onboard

valandemmy

On my last cruise...I almost purchased a watch...I was narrowed it down to 3 different ones...but just didn't pull the trigger and get one...

I am planning on getting one this time, but would like to do a little more research to be better educated before going onboard. Can anyone tell me what brands are onboard...

I know Invicta and Lamborgini...but thats about all I can remember...

Mens watches..Btw..

Thanks,

Charles

Also bought a Citizen Eco Drive and love mine as well. The price was lower than any I could find online.

Be careful about the Invicta prices. I won the Invicta watch raffle on the Pride, and the retail value was marked somewhere in the $800 - $900 range. I found the same model for sale for under $90 online when I returned home.

Edited by 422Melissa
Adding more info.

Citiizens Eco Drive. DH bought two on different cruises. Lase one in 2008, hasn't stopped wearing it. Checked the online prices the were around 50% ore.

BTW, the watch runs on solar power and only needs a battery change once every 5 years, if that.

You might want to hold off on that purchase until the end of the cruise. You may be stopping somewhere that you will get fantastic deals. Such as on St Thomas. I think it's the un-official jewelry capital of the world. I have always gotten great prices there.

Before you buy on the ship look on the islands. My husband bought me a Citizen Eco Drive watch on our last cruise. However we got the watch for $80 cheaper in St. Thomas than what they were charging on the ship. The watch was 50% cheaper than what it cost at home. I wear the watch constantly and it is still in great shape.

My husband bought a fossil watch, and we have yet to find it at a better price. And I brought a Michael Kors watch for 25%. It was a watch I have wanted for some time, and I haven't found it at a better (it's three months later). I bought my watch the second night on a 7 day cruise. It's a great opportunity.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

On my last cruise...I almost purchased a watch...I was narrowed it down to 3 different ones...but just didn't pull the trigger and get one...

I am planning on getting one this time, but would like to do a little more research to be better educated before going onboard. Can anyone tell me what brands are onboard...

I know Invicta and Lamborgini...but thats about all I can remember...

Mens watches..Btw..

Thanks,

Charles

Citizen Eco Drive without a doubt !!!! Awesome watches

Before you buy on the ship look on the islands. My husband bought me a Citizen Eco Drive watch on our last cruise. However we got the watch for $80 cheaper in St. Thomas than what they were charging on the ship. The watch was 50% cheaper than what it cost at home. I wear the watch constantly and it is still in great shape.

Different models or last years models you can find cheaper but I don't think anyone can beat the cruise ship prices on current/new models .Dont know this for a fact but I like watches and research and never made a bad purchase

Watches are awesome things to buy on a cruise. Yes, you can probably do as good at home - price wise - but you have to really shop around and hope for a big sale.

I went for years with no watch, but now I am wearing one daily. I credit this to my cruises on the Carnival Dream, Liberty and Breeze. It's hard not to admire the shiny timepieces in the display cases. And when there is a promotion and watches are 50% off or more, it's really intriguing.

I bought 2 watches on the last 2 cruises. Both are Citizen Signature. That is their top of the line watch (hand made, finest metals, super polished, sapphire crystals). These are hard to find in the US short of specialty shops or online. I can't purchase a watch online. I have to see it up close and try it on.

At 35% off the deal on Citizens (Signature or Eco Drive) is pretty hard to beat. But, it can be beat if you wait for the sales. Kohls has stackable discounts once or twice a year and you could get the watch for almost 50% off. But, you have limited selection and....you have to wait and be ready to pounce (and have a Kohl's charge).

The cruiseline shops are run by a 3rd party. The company is Starboard Cruise Services is the company that runs the shops on Carnival. They have a one year return policy. You need to have the receipt and all the papers that came with the item. Also, you need a copy of your sail and sign account. Not sure why the double proof of purchase, but that's what the website says.

I would feel confident that I was getting a fair deal buying from the Carnival shops (for watches...have never bought anything else). They also have a price match guarantee which is for 30 days, if I recall.

Watch brands are a topic for debate. I like Citizen for it's detail and quality. I also don't want a battery or to ever wind a watch. I have a drawer with several old watches that have dead batteries and they always fail at the worst time. So no more. Eco Drive is nice. Powered by light. No battery changing.

Citizen Signature has an automatic that is winds by movement of your arm/wrist. But it will stop if you don't wear it for a few days. I have this watch and love it.

Other brands have pros and cons. But if you like it, then that is all that matters. Invicta's look nice, but watch gurus don't like them as they play games with pricing. No one ever pays $800 for an Invicta. At 80% off it is still $160. Look at Amazon and compare. You can do as well, if not better, than the cruise shops on Amazon (with Invicta anyway).

One advantage is no sales tax on the cruise shops. But if you drop more than $800 you may have to pay duty. $1600 for US Virgin Islands. See this link:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id_visa/kbyg/types_of_exemptions.xml

I say go ahead and buy it on the cruise. You'll always remember the cruise when you wear it and that is a good thing!!

Watches are awesome things to buy on a cruise. Yes, you can probably do as good at home - price wise - but you have to really shop around and hope for a big sale.

I went for years with no watch, but now I am wearing one daily. I credit this to my cruises on the Carnival Dream, Liberty and Breeze. It's hard not to admire the shiny timepieces in the display cases. And when there is a promotion and watches are 50% off or more, it's really intriguing.

I bought 2 watches on the last 2 cruises. Both are Citizen Signature. That is their top of the line watch (hand made, finest metals, super polished, sapphire crystals). These are hard to find in the US short of specialty shops or online. I can't purchase a watch online. I have to see it up close and try it on.

At 35% off the deal on Citizens (Signature or Eco Drive) is pretty hard to beat. But, it can be beat if you wait for the sales. Kohls has stackable discounts once or twice a year and you could get the watch for almost 50% off. But, you have limited selection and....you have to wait and be ready to pounce (and have a Kohl's charge).

The cruiseline shops are run by a 3rd party. The company is Starboard Cruise Services is the company that runs the shops on Carnival. They have a one year return policy. You need to have the receipt and all the papers that came with the item. Also, you need a copy of your sail and sign account. Not sure why the double proof of purchase, but that's what the website says.

I would feel confident that I was getting a fair deal buying from the Carnival shops (for watches...have never bought anything else). They also have a price match guarantee which is for 30 days, if I recall.

Watch brands are a topic for debate. I like Citizen for it's detail and quality. I also don't want a battery or to ever wind a watch. I have a drawer with several old watches that have dead batteries and they always fail at the worst time. So no more. Eco Drive is nice. Powered by light. No battery changing.

Citizen Signature has an automatic that is winds by movement of your arm/wrist. But it will stop if you don't wear it for a few days. I have this watch and love it.

Other brands have pros and cons. But if you like it, then that is all that matters. Invicta's look nice, but watch gurus don't like them as they play games with pricing. No one ever pays $800 for an Invicta. At 80% off it is still $160. Look at Amazon and compare. You can do as well, if not better, than the cruise shops on Amazon (with Invicta anyway).

One advantage is no sales tax on the cruise shops. But if you drop more than $800 you may have to pay duty. $1600 for US Virgin Islands. See this link:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id_visa/kbyg/types_of_exemptions.xml

I say go ahead and buy it on the cruise. You'll always remember the cruise when you wear it and that is a good thing!!

I agree Citizen signature watches are awesome ,We almost pulled the trigger and bought one in September for my wife.Which watch will stop in a few days if you don't wear it .The one I bought a few years ago (not signature) can hold a long charge and has a meter that tells you right on the watch when it needs a charge

January 6, 2009 I bought a Citizen Eco Drive Skyhawk watch and that poor watch has been so loved. It is a dual time--digital and analog watch. I have had to have the clasp fixed twice (both times they broke cuz of some of my tasks I need to do at work). I decided to semi-retire that silver band Skyhawk and found a Black Eagle Skyhawk (black coated stainless steel wrist band) on my last cruise (bought Sept 16th).

I get mens watches because they have all the bells and whistles and the ladies watches don't fit my larger wrist. I only need one buckle taken out for the watch to fit nicely.

You can't go wrong with the Citizen eco drive watches. I can't afford a Tag watch, but this Skyhawk/Black Eagle Skyhawk are affordable and allow me to read the time digital or analog....

My favorite thing is to buy a watch on board. Dont forget about the 30 price guarantee!!!! If you find it cheaper they will mail you a check. I bought 2 Tags last trip and have bought a few Citizens. Cant wait for our christmas cruise to see the new styles.