Cheer Beverage Program Questions

connieh1968

Heading on the Paradise in February. Its the four day one out of Tampa.

1. Do I have to get the program Thursday night? If not, can I just get it on Friday afternoon for Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

2. Will they charge me for Monday since I'm getting off that morning?

3. Is gratuity added on EACH drink separately regardless if its soda, wine or any other drink?

4. If I don't get the program till Friday afternoon, can I still get drinks Thursday night and pay a la carte? (I was told if I bought any drinks on Thursday night, they would back charge me for the Cheers Program)

I just called carnival. They told me I had to buy it for the full length of my cruise. Even for Monday when I am getting off the ship!

Not true - Monday / debarkation day does not count. (I can't comment on buying Thursday vs Friday, as I didn't do it that way, and have read conflicting reports on how that works.)

You are charged a flat 15% on the entire program cost, not per drink / varying based on price of drink. So assuming you purchase as soon as you get on board Thursday, you will pay $49.95*4*1.15 = $229.77.

Does that help?

I just called carnival. They told me I had to buy it for the full length of my cruise. Even for Monday when I am getting off the ship!

Definitely will NOT be charged for Monday, otherwise that will count as 5 days and it is only a four day. (Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun). Besides the day you get off the ships most bars are closed.

Sometimes those reps at Carnival receive conflicting information and are not always correct.

We saved our free drink coupon from carnival that is only good at Breakfast and Brunch and got 2 mocha getaways , paid the $.60cents or so tax each for our $7.25 drink. Last morning before getting off the ship to go home! Miss that drink!

You will have to purchase for the entire cruise, you cannot wait until a day that you would like to begin from what I know. However, if your even thinking about it, make the sign up your first stop and just starting enjoying it.

Last Feb our friends on the cruise were told they could buy the next day. THey bought it the day the ship left. It is figured for the amount of time on the cruise. The day we debarked waiting they were able to get drinks from it and it didn't cost them nothing at the bar.