Recent experience with ATD on Magic

We were on the inaugural of the Magic from Galveston and anytime dining had long waits and longer waits to be served. We were just on the Triumph and it was great. We are going in March on the Magic and would like to do ATD if it is better now. Any recent experience or thoughts would be appreciated.

We were on the second cruise from Galveston and experienced the same. I understand it is much better now...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were on the Halloween cruise on the Magic and had anytime dining. We had the best service we have ever had. Even the first night was great (and sometimes that first night is so slow). We never waited for a table and our waitress was wonderful (Ana)!! We asked for her every night!

We were on the Magic last week for Halloween and always choose YTD. We went to the Northern Lights around 6:30 each evening and usually had a line of about 15 people in front of us, but it still didn't take 3 or 4 minutes to be seated.

We asked for a table for 2 with 2 chairs and were seated at table 260 in Joel's section. He and his team provided excellent service. We ordered the wine package and he would promptly get our wine served and kept out glasses full throughout the meal.

We enjoyed the location (just to the right of the hostess station) and our servers so well we ended up eating at that table or table 262 every evening. On the last night we arrived a little later than normal, but when Joel saw us standing in line he came and got us and seated us himself.

I rarely tip extra to the MDR team, but I did tip on the last night.

By the way, the Brunch is served in the larger aft dining room, which is okay, but our cabin was all the way forward, so it's quite a trek back there.

Thanks Janey. We had the same experience once where we kept our same waiter for the duration, and were hoping to possibly do the same on the Magic..

We were on the Magic last week for Halloween and always choose YTD. We went to the Northern Lights around 6:30 each evening and usually had a line of about 15 people in front of us, but it still didn't take 3 or 4 minutes to be seated.

We asked for a table for 2 with 2 chairs and were seated at table 260 in Joel's section. He and his team provided excellent service. We ordered the wine package and he would promptly get our wine served and kept out glasses full throughout the meal.

We enjoyed the location (just to the right of the hostess station) and our servers so well we ended up eating at that table or table 262 every evening. On the last night we arrived a little later than normal, but when Joel saw us standing in line he came and got us and seated us himself.

I rarely tip extra to the MDR team, but I did tip on the last night.

By the way, the Brunch is served in the larger aft dining room, which is okay, but our cabin was all the way forward, so it's quite a trek back there.

Edited by overthehillcruiser