RCCL ships out of North East, condition

Hi all,

I am platinum on RCCL and we have $300 OBC towards our next cruise. We have not sailed with RCCL in about 5 years. Not because we were unhappy, but because we like to try the others too. I will say NCL has some nice selection of specialty resturants.

Any how... We would like to take a cruise and get any of the platinum perks we are entitled too.

My question is what are the conditions of the RCCL fleet? Especially the ones leaving out of the Northeast. I would love to get another trip on the Explorer out of Beyonne, or perhaps a Canada/New England trip out of Boston on a Jewel of the Seas type ship.

Service was always great, the ships were always spotless and the ships impressive. We always liked the shows too. Any major changes in the last 5 years? Is age getting to be an issue? Or the maintenence keeping up.

Just curious we have a 20th anniversary cruise on NCL in June, but our next one after that I am highly considering RCCL again.

Just off the Brilliance repo from Boston. She was just "revitalized" in May and is in excellent condition. Maintenance is an ongoing activity on all RCI ships regardless of where they are sailing from and I would not base may cruising decisions on where they are home based.

Just off the Brilliance repo from Boston. She was just "revitalized" in May and is in excellent condition. Maintenance is an ongoing activity on all RCI ships regardless of where they are sailing from and I would not base may cruising decisions on where they are home based.

I only base a decision on home baseing due to not wanting to spend half a cruise fare on just flying into a destination then needing a hotel. NCL has a ship (Norwigian Dawn) based out of Boston, so I tend to gravitate toward NCL for the next cruise. Not that that is bad, the Dawn is a great ship. I just wish we had more choices.

I only base a decision on home baseing due to not wanting to spend half a cruise fare on just flying into a destination then needing a hotel. NCL has a ship (Norwigian Dawn) based out of Boston, so I tend to gravitate toward NCL for the next cruise. Not that that is bad, the Dawn is a great ship. I just wish we had more choices.

Boston is home to the Brilliance from mid-September until it repositions to the Caribbean and Tampa at the end of October. Some great Canada/New England cruises. Cape Liberty is only a reasonable drive from NH or MA and Explorer (late next year, Quantum of the Seas) sails from there year-round. More ships would be available out of Boston if the demand were actually there and Massport is working to encourage more cruises out of Black Falcon, but I'm not sure how successful they can be.

We are booked on Dawn next August because so many of our group feel as you do.

When we sail from Florida, Jet Blue frequently offers decent fares and we can usually get a great hotel through Priceline for about $50 a night, so the cost is manageable.

Another positive report for Brilliance. Sailed her last month and was very happy with the ship. Of course, I am a fan of Radiance Class ships anyway.

The itinerary out of Boston is a good one, too. Long port times - longer than what I've seen when comparing NE/Canada cruises with other lines.