fluffier ladies

Amink

I like it--the pink keeps the focus away from "fluffy" spots--but two things: 1) be sure that the overall length is good for you --sometimes it's harder to tell if it's too long when the hemline is not straight and you end up stepping on the points and tripping on the stairs (personal experience!) 2) make sure the fabric is the kind that skims over curves, not hugs & emphasizes (unless that's what you want).

Add pretty dangling earrings and some strappy black evening shoes and you're set!

I think it's a terrific dress for "fluffy" ladies.

Get better shoes than the ones in the photo. They're too flat and strappy.

The pink uneven hem with a multi-strap sandal looks too busy at the hemline IMO. Also, unless you can't wear a heel, I'd go for as high a heel as comfortable. A sandal with a minimal amount of straps would look great, and I'd stick with black to pull it the whole look together. This is one time I wouldn't opt for a metallic sandal.

Jane

I have bad feet, so I am really pushing it with the 1in heel that I have, but I think for the few hours in them I will be fine.

these are the shoes I have in black, I think they will be good :)

http://www.roamans.com/roamans/product/product.asp?pf_id=51950&dept_id=743&parent_id=742&

I am going to get the dress with the lavendar trim, to go with my tanzanite jewlery :)

It isn't much different than the pink.

thanks for you input!

The dress is very pretty and perfect for a formal night.

rachel0, I got a chuckle out of your post, one of my all time embarassing moments was because of a loose hem, on pants, not a dress. It was in the 70's (I can still remember back then, but not last week) when jumpsuits with very wide legs were in style, think sort of like today's palazzo pants. I was at a cocktail party and a recently broke-up-with boyfriend showed up, he was still being a jerk about the whole thing. Well, I tried my best to ignore him and act sophisticated and aloof about the whole thing. So, I have to use the bathroom, located on floor 3 of a multi level townhouse. Wouldn't you know, I stepped on the hem of those pants at least a half a dozen times up the stairs. Every time thinking I couldn't possibly do it again, landing on my knees and once my face. You can bet I left the party after, unfortunately glancing down the stairs to see the ex with a huge grin on his face, other people applauding for me.

So, Amink, enjoy your dress and take the elevator :D

Archived