So much to do in so little time!

Gabrielle R.

Advice needed! On the Mexican Riviera cruise we will be visiting the following ports over the Holidays: Catalina Island, Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta, Acapulco & Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo. I am trying to weed out what to do. I love to swim/snorkel, HATE heights- no vip lines for this gal. My husband loves to golf. Any suggestions for a don't miss/ just gotta see/do? Any guides you recommend/avoid? Looking forward to hearing from all of you who have done this cruise or visited any/all of these ports!

Gabrielle:rolleyes:

Advice needed! On the Mexican Riviera cruise we will be visiting the following ports over the Holidays: Catalina Island, Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta, Acapulco & Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo. I am trying to weed out what to do. I love to swim/snorkel, HATE heights- no vip lines for this gal. My husband loves to golf. Any suggestions for a don't miss/ just gotta see/do? Any guides you recommend/avoid? Looking forward to hearing from all of you who have done this cruise or visited any/all of these ports!

Gabrielle:rolleyes:

Wasn't too impressed with Acapulco as a destination, but found the golf course at the Acapulco Princess (now a Fairmont) excellent, and a good shore excursion alternative for those of us who like to play. It's not a long course, but requires accuracy. Stray much left or right and you're often in mucho trouble.

Have him look up his options for each port at www.celebritycruisesgolf.com

I do not know much about Celebrity's excursions but found snorkeling and saing in Cabo was a blast, also I highly reccomend Los Calletos Hideaway in Puerto Vallarta, this was a few years ago but was my most favorite excursion when I sail RCCL.

Acapulco is not one of our favorite destinations, but if you have never been there, it is fun to go see the cliff divers......check times b/c they only do it a few a day. We usually just rent a taxi and do our own thing there. Have stayed over at the Princess, but it is about a 40 min. ride over there.

If you are there in winter, the whale watch excursion in Cabo was GREAT!!!!!!

We rented a taxi and did our own thing in Puerto Vallarta and Ixtapa......they were our 2 favorite stops.

The golf courses at the El Cid in Mazatlan are also GREAT! Played there as well as the Princess & Grand Mayan in Acapulco, all great & lots of fun. There are also several courses in Cabo. We love the Mexican Riviera, there is lot's to see and can be done on your own in each port. The beaches in Ixtapa are VERY nice too!

Go to the ports of call board & you will find a ton of info there!

Archived